Reply 1
cheers dude :biggrin:
Reply 2
hehehe I'm a dude now :tongue:
Reply 3
I can't open them! :frown:
Reply 4
queen-of-pain
This is a pretty good summary of stuff in P5 if anybody needs it.

Wow thanks, thats a great summary and it even has some of the methods on there. I'm dreading the exam on Monday though, even with these notes.

:cool: :tongue:
Reply 5
I'm dreading it too. I've started having the nightmares about being late for it already. I need >70 on P4, P5 & P6 and I keep worrying that there'll be really horrible integrations that I've never seen before no matter how many past papers I've done. :frown:
Reply 6
queen-of-pain
I'm dreading it too. I've started having the nightmares about being late for it already. I need >70 on P4, P5 & P6 and I keep worrying that there'll be really horrible integrations that I've never seen before no matter how many past papers I've done. :frown:

im dreading p5 at the moment!
id do p4 nd 6 any day but not p5
Reply 7
Yeh P5 is my biggest worry too. Mostly for the integration and those evil intrinsic thing that I just can't do! Matrices are quite nice in P6, and P4 only has a few topics on it and is made easier by doing P6.
Reply 8
queen-of-pain
Yeh P5 is my biggest worry too. Mostly for the integration and those evil intrinsic thing that I just can't do! Matrices are quite nice in P6, and P4 only has a few topics on it and is made easier by doing P6.

yeah i gotta go over differential equations well in p4 coz i hate those
and in p6, i kinda liked all the topics, didnt have a problem with any in specific just hard questions at times so i prefer p6 to all he others
Reply 9
queen-of-pain

Well haven't had nightmares, I need an A in Further Maths to get into Oxford though, so I'm a tad worried. Though, I've done really well on M3 and P3, so far, or at least I think I have and with good marks in P4 and S2, I should only need around 70 UMS marks from both P5 and M4 and I think I'm seriously doubting myself if I can't get two 35% marks. As long as the papers aren't too bad I hope I can get that elusive A.

Good Luck

Reply 10
Do we need some sort of add-in to see the document? the equations look a little messed up
Rixius
Do we need some sort of add-in to see the document? the equations look a little messed up

erm works fine for me?
Reply 12
Rixius

It works fine for me, I don't think I've messed with my version of Microsoft Word at all, so it should work for you too.

Reply 13
yeh p5 is by far the worse maths module, i'm doing OCR...

fortunately i only need about 50% or less on this to get my A but i'm gonna make sure of it lol!!
Reply 14
VoldyMuyo
Well haven't had nightmares, I need an A in Further Maths to get into Oxford though, so I'm a tad worried. Though, I've done really well on M3 and P3, so far, or at least I think I have and with good marks in P4 and S2, I should only need around 70 UMS marks from both P5 and M4 and I think I'm seriously doubting myself if I can't get two 35% marks. As long as the papers aren't too bad I hope I can get that elusive A.

Good Luck

Arghh so lucky, I'm in the same position but need 125 marks from P5 and 6 which could be worse I guess, still gotta work though. What subject are you doing?
Reply 15
Giraffeboy
Arghh so lucky, I'm in the same position but need 125 marks from P5 and 6 which could be worse I guess, still gotta work though. What subject are you doing?
Wouldn't say I'm that lucky, I wish I'd worked harder last year and needed less marks. I need around 430 overall from my 6 modules this year, M3, M4, P3, P4, P5 and S2. I think at the least I got 90s in M3 and P3 so that leaves me with around 250 to get and I'm hoping at least to get near full marks on S2 and P4, which leaves me with around 50 - 70 UMS to get over P5 and M4. But if I'd scraped some more marks last year, it would have been so much easier.

Do you know what you need?

Reply 16
I need 41/100 in P5 to get an A in AS level further maths, so I am not under a lot of pressure.
Reply 17
mikesgt2
I need 41/100 in P5 to get an A in AS level further maths, so I am not under a lot of pressure.

Yeah its a bit less stressful when you know what you need to get and if it isn't that high, but P5 is the kind of paper that can really screw you over, they could put on any number of awkward questions.

Reply 18
I did pretty well in my exams last year, my lowest mark was for P3 and that was 77, i could have resat it but i didnt see the point cos it wouldn't go in my further maths a level anyway and all i needed was 43 in D1 to get an A in maths. Well, I'd already got an A in maths but i want S1 (95) to go into further maths.
I also have an offer from oxford (physics at corpus christi) that includes an A in further maths. Goddamnit, why didn't i take an easy fourth A level???
Reply 19
queen-of-pain
I did pretty well in my exams last year, my lowest mark was for P3 and that was 77, i could have resat it but i didnt see the point cos it wouldn't go in my further maths a level anyway and all i needed was 43 in D1 to get an A in maths. Well, I'd already got an A in maths but i want S1 (95) to go into further maths.
I also have an offer from oxford (physics at corpus christi) that includes an A in further maths. Goddamnit, why didn't i take an easy fourth A level???

Wow queen-of-pain - you wouldnt happen to be Dawn by any chance would you? (Met you at the Corpus Physics interviews if so...) N1 on the offer and looks like I'll be seeing you next year (if the grades work out obviously) and the easy 4th ALevel plan didnt work - my offer was for further maths not chemistry tsk :frown:

Latest