The Student Room Group

Flagrant prejudice towards black men being permitted on TSR.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AbsoluteAnarchy
I'm starting to suspect that you're a troll...

You shouldn't switch sex with race. Neither can be controlled, that's true, but one exists within the other.
Whether it's sex, race, age, religion, the number of bobbles on a person's hat etc. if someone treats me badly, I'm not going to like them and I'm going to be mistrustful towards them.

It just so happens that the boys I've mentioned were the ones that bullied me.
They weren't women, they weren't of a certain age, they weren't of a particular race, and I'm unaware of their religious standing. They didn't have bobble hats either.
All I know is that from what I've experienced, those people are likely to be cruel to me.
I don't want to take any risks.

Is it prejudiced to be wary of a group of people because they've repeatedly hurt you in the past for no reason?
If so, yup, I guess I'm prejudiced.
All that matters to me is that I'm happy; I'm no longer subjected to horrible taunts. :smile:

If you think I'm going to go out of my way to voice my dislike or be rude to these people, then you're sadly mistaken.
I'm not going to do to them what they did to me.

I recall this saying;
"Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me."

Instead of telling me to stop being "prejudiced", tell the bullies to stop being mean.
They gave me these views; they're the reason I'm like this.
I didn't wake up one morning and randomly decide to dislike a certain group of men.
If anything, they were "prejudiced" towards me.

So, black boys have bullied you and until the world tells the black boys how mean they were to you you will continue rationalising your racism against all black people for what a tiny, tiny, tiny minority of black boys have done?

And, instead of me telling you to stop being racist, I have to blame the black boys who bullied you for your racism, the racism which you've projected onto the entire black population?

The length to which people will go to in order to rationalise their prejudice as victimhood is absolutely dumbfounding.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Indifferent.Don't let a few idiotic comments on tsr ruin your day.

These aren't a few idiotic comments. This is a prevailing rationalised prejudiced against a massive group of people.

Would you be indifferent towards someone being racist towards a black person? How can you rationalise one prejudice without rationalising every prejudice?
[QUOTE=TheCitizenAct;59880725]So, black boys have bullied you and until the world tells the black boys how mean they were to you you will continue rationalising your racism against all black people for what a tiny, tiny, tiny minority of black boys have done?

And, instead of me telling you to stop being racist, I have to blame the black boys who bullied you for your racism, the racism which you've projected onto the entire black population?

The length to which people will go to in order to rationalise their prejudice as victimhood is absolutely dumbfounding.

Sigh... Again with the racism... Again with the "all men" argument... Do you even read my posts?

It's clear that I'm not getting through to you; according to you, it's not socially acceptable to dislike anyone, even when they've given you a reason to.

Let's agree to disagree.
I want this to be my final post; I wish you the best.

I hope for your sake that you wise up; you could get seriously hurt if you don't learn from your experiences.
That's what bad experiences are for.
Original post by AbsoluteAnarchy
Sigh... Again with the racism... Again with the "all men" argument... Do you even read my posts?

It's clear that I'm not getting through to you; according to you, it's not socially acceptable to dislike anyone, even when they've given you a reason to.

Let's agree to disagree.
I want this to be my final post; I wish you the best.

I hope for your sake that you wise up; you could get seriously hurt if you don't learn from your experiences.
That's what bad experiences are for.

Yet more rationalising.

This has nothing to do with experiences. This has everything to do with you projecting your experiences onto the 'majority' (your word) of men.

Everyone has bad experiences, you seem to think you're some sort of exception and that your bad experiences give you a free pass to be as prejudiced as you like towards millions of people, simply because the people who gave you these bad experiences happened to share the same type of genitalia as the people you've projected your prejudice onto.

In this sense, you may as well project you prejudice onto black men - they have the same defining attribute which justifies your prejudice: they have a phallic member.

I'm sitting here trying to rationalise with someone who expresses misandry; a prejudice like every other prejudice and a prejudice which is just as arbitrary, and potentially damaging, as racism.

You're right, I probably shouldn't bother. I've argued with racists before, they invariably peddle their victimhood incessantly.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
This is lovely, It's like when a racist person tries to convince someone they aren't racist because they've got black friends.

Are you shaming me in order to clear the path towards being as prejudicial as you like? So, you've just made a series of prejudicial statements about my gender, I've come back at you and held you to account for your prejudice, and now you are shaming me and outlining I'm the one with the problem? That makes sense.
Oh holy one... What about your prejudice against women? What about that prejudice?
So, just to clarify, you've no problem stereotyping all black men within the catch-all 'men', but to do so in isolation is racist and enough to send you into a rage spiral?

So, 'men' (an arbitrary label apportioned to a specific group) is an acceptable label under which to assign a prejudice, but 'black men' (an arbitrary label apportioned to a specific group) somehow is the worst label under which to assign a prejudice, despite the fact the former includes the latter?

How is ethnicity any more or less arbitrary than gender? The Equality Act 2010 deems both to be entirely arbitrary.

So, to unwrap this further. It's clearly not 'black men' you are referring to when you use the term 'men', considering your apoplectic rage at the incorporation of a single word (which, in your mind, turns it into a prejudice) in your prejudicial rant.

So, is it white men you have a problem with?
Blar blar ****ing blar.

How on earth am I even prejudice against men at all you fool?

Stop making stuff up.
I would respond however the totalitarian defenders of the right to express prejudice have managed to get me yellow carded (again). Apparently, pointing out prejudices individuals hold towards my gender, and by extension towards me, is tantamount to ME bullying THEM. Apparently.

Context shift: "Hess wrote last year that the rise in popularity of “female tears” mugs and women-hating shirts and crafts serves as a sort of f**k-you to the constant barrage of harassment that men often face: “On its most basic level, ironic misogyny functions like a stuck-out tongue pointed at a playground bully.”

Original: "Hess wrote last year that the rise in popularity of “male tears” mugs and man-hating inspired shirts and crafts serves as a sort of f**k-you to the constant barrage of harassment that feminists often face: “On its most basic level, ironic misandry functions like a stuck-out tongue pointed at a playground bully.” The Guardian

I couldn't go through them all. But the fact is this is horrible, it's insidious and constant and there to seep into mens consciousness, it's taken as benign but it has affected a generation of men and sex relations. There are women thinking it's acceptable to bully, and I have noticed a really creepy tendency, as above, to dress it up in irony and try and shame opponents with this notion. It's the fact it is so determined, they club together and start to do it for no reason, nothing you've even said. It's like spite without fuel, they egg each other on, and it is absolutely horrible, I don't know what issues they have, or whether they just have to much unchecked power and are testing it-but it is seriously nasty. It's like at the time you haven't said **** all to them, but they've decided you're going to bear the brunt of all their feelings towards men. There is a reason usually why women are clubbing together in that female collectivist way and being vile to men, and it's 'cos men do not like or want them.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I couldn't go through them all. But the fact is this is horrible, it's insidious and constant and there to seep into mens consciousness, it's taken as benign but it has affected a generation of men and sex relations. There are women thinking it's acceptable to bully, and I have noticed a really creepy tendency, as above, to dress it up in irony and try and shame opponents with this notion. It's the fact it is so determined, they club together and start to do it for no reason, nothing you've even said. It's like spite without fuel, they egg each other on, and it is absolutely horrible, I don't know what issues they have, or whether they just have to much unchecked power and are testing it-but it is seriously nasty. It's like at the time you haven't said **** all to them, but they've decided you're going to bear the brunt of all their feelings towards men. There is a reason usually why women are clubbing together in that female collectivist way and being vile to men, and it's 'cos men do not like or want them.

As above, I would respond however I will inevitably get yellow carded for standing up against observable and blatant prejudice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending