The Student Room Group

Where to apply? Kind of urgent.

Hey, so the deadline is closing in and I have yet to decide where to apply.
I have a 40 in the IB with 6s in Chem and Bio as well as a 670 Band 2 in the UKCAT. I;d say I have a decent personal statement.

I'm applying to Bristol and UEA, however I need help deciding the other 2.
Given my UKCAT score I need universities that aren't very heavy on it. What about Nottingham?

Would really appreciate some advice!
Reply 1
Original post by TW5897
I have a 40 in the IB with 6s in Chem and Bio as well as a 670 Band 2 in the UKCAT. I;d say I have a decent personal statement.

Given my UKCAT score I need universities that aren't very heavy on it. What about Nottingham?

Don't apply to Nottingham - they're relatively elitist

Leicester and Plymouth
Original post by TW5897

Manchester?
Reply 3
Original post by chris_94
Don't apply to Nottingham - they're relatively elitist

Leicester and Plymouth

Leicester seems nice. I would score fairly highly on their scoring system even with my terrible UKCAT score. I'm not too keen on Plymouth. :frown:
Is there any other place where you think It's appropriate to apply to?

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Timewilltellu
Manchester?

Doesn't Manchester have high UKCAT requirements? My UKCAT is what's limiting everything. :frown:
Original post by TW5897
Doesn't Manchester have high UKCAT requirements? My UKCAT is what's limiting everything. :frown:

Manchester only need 660 to meet their cut off for 2016 entry, according to someone's informations received from the open day last Saturday. So if that is only factor worrying you, then you will be fine. ( and they don't use the SJ scores for 2016 entry as well)
(edited 8 years ago)
Manchester only need 660 to meet their cut off for 2016 entry, according to someone's informations received from the open day last Saturday. So if that is only factor worrying you, then you will be fine. ( and they don't use the SJ scores for 2016 entry as well)

Is this a guide or for certain? I have 657.5 and wish to apply to Manchester
Original post by helloravers
Is this a guide or for certain? I have 657.5 and wish to apply to Manchester

The only way to find out for certainty is to phone them directly.
Reply 8

Do my stats give me a chance at an interview?
Also, any other suggestions?
Thanks so much.
Original post by TW5897
Do my stats give me a chance at an interview?
Also, any other suggestions?
Thanks so much.

I think your UKCAT is fine for Manchester cut off, it will then depend upon your personal statement (or Non-Academic Form?)
Reply 10
I think your UKCAT is fine for Manchester cut off, it will then depend upon your personal statement (or Non-Academic Form?)

Thanks!
Manchester or Nottingham?
Original post by TW5897
Thanks!
Manchester or Nottingham?

Don't know, it is your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending