The Student Room Group

Politics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shark17
Has anyone had any offers yet?

Conditional offer from Southampton
Original post by Shark17
Has anyone had any offers yet?

had offers from all of mine (liverpool, york, sheffield and leeds) still waiting for Warwick!
Original post by erowe140
had offers from all of mine (liverpool, york, sheffield and leeds) still waiting for Warwick!

Congratulations
Still waiting from Warwick too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Options:
History&Politics: Oxford AAA
Government and History: LSE AAA
History&Politics: Nottingham AAA
History&Politics: Warwick AAA
History&Politics: Liverpool ABB
I'm predicted A*A*A and I've already got my last three offers. hopefully did well in my HAT today bc Oxford is my top choice :smile:
Original post by erowe140

Warwick are usually quite quick with their offers, probably because they were in clearing last year and are afraid that they might not have enough students this year because the quota of ABB students has been changed. Don't worry it should come soon!!
Reply 25
Original post by magic_is_might
Options:
History&Politics: Oxford AAA
Government and History: LSE AAA
History&Politics: Nottingham AAA
History&Politics: Warwick AAA
History&Politics: Liverpool ABB
I'm predicted A*A*A and I've already got my last three offers. hopefully did well in my HAT today bc Oxford is my top choice :smile:

Firstly congratulations on your offers :smile:!! I've yet to hear from LSE as well (applying for History)
How did you find the HAT today?
Reply 26
I'm still waiting for Warwick too. Haven't seen anyone say they have got Politics offers from Warwick yet so maybe the department is slower than others. We're all in the same boat so don't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LI09
Firstly congratulations on your offers :smile:!! I've yet to hear from LSE as well (applying for History)
How did you find the HAT today?

it was a strange paper. really good question 2 (for me at least, really similar to my written piece title), but the sources were so strange. yeah LSE is taking their time - another eight weeks on top of the three already!!
I'm thinking of applying to Bath, LSE, Durham, Edinburgh and Birmingham to do Politics and International Relations and History and Politics
I'm predicted AAB at the moment, with an A in History and English Literature and a B in P.E.

I was thinking of asking to ask if I can be predicted an A* in History considering I got 190 ums out of 200 last year.

Am I likely to get offers for Bath and LSE with predicted grades of AAB, or should I ask to be predicted A*AB?
Original post by TheFifaMP

Am I likely to get offers for Bath and LSE with predicted grades of AAB, or should I ask to be predicted A*AB?

If you match or exceed the admissions requirement you have a chance of an offer -but remember its not just about grades, your PS is also crucial.
Warwick are usually quite quick with their offers, probably because they were in clearing last year and are afraid that they might not have enough students this year because the quota of ABB students has been changed. Don't worry it should come soon!!

They were in clearing last year for Politics? What other subjects? What grades were they taking?
And what changed regarding this quota of ABB students?
Original post by diamondluck2
They were in clearing last year for Politics? What other subjects? What grades were they taking?
And what changed regarding this quota of ABB students?

not sure if they were in clearing specifically for politics but I know that they were in clearing. the whole quota thing is a long story but basically there used to be a certain number of ABB (average grade) students needed to continue to be funded. four years ago a number of unis didn't achieve this and now everyone is more concerned about it. now that the quota is gone though, more universities are afraid of not getting enough students to still receive the amounts of funds they need. my mum heads clearing for her uni during the summer so she told me all this
not sure if they were in clearing specifically for politics but I know that they were in clearing. the whole quota thing is a long story but basically there used to be a certain number of ABB (average grade) students needed to continue to be funded. four years ago a number of unis didn't achieve this and now everyone is more concerned about it. now that the quota is gone though, more universities are afraid of not getting enough students to still receive the amounts of funds they need. my mum heads clearing for her uni during the summer so she told me all this

Oh right, so they will give out more offers this year than the years before when there was a quota thing?
Original post by diamondluck2
Oh right, so they will give out more offers this year than the years before when there was a quota thing?

yeah basically. also probably much faster and probably more unconditional offers
yeah basically. also probably much faster and probably more unconditional offers

ah okay, thanks for clearing that up for me! :biggrin:
Has anyone heard from Leeds yet?
I've got offers from Kings, Liverpool and Loughborough, but Leeds is my first choice, getting nervous!!

You have no idea about what Warwick will do this year, mainly because you don't work in Admissions at Warwick Uni, but from your other comments you clearly have little idea how this process actually works and are just making it up as you go.

NO-ONE knows which subjects will be in Clearing - in any year - in advance of the August exam results, so all 'guessing' like this is totally pointless.
Reply 37
Got a Durham offer for Politics today. I'm thrilled. It's going to be my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by owenj4
Got a Durham offer for Politics today. I'm thrilled. It's going to be my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! :smile: but with a year abroad
Not sure if Durham will be my top choice though, depends on whether I get an LSE offer
Reply 39
Original post by road26
Me too! :smile: but with a year abroad
Not sure if Durham will be my top choice though, depends on whether I get an LSE offer

Well good luck with LSE. Both are great unis so it'll be great whichever you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending