The Student Room Group

Struggling with Friendship :)

Hi, I hope you are well. I have had some troubling times with friendship in the past and I have found that it is important to stick together no matter what happens. During these times I was very depressed and sometimes tried to withdraw from any attempted conversation people tried to make with me. I had so many problems to face that I didn't feel like talking to other people. I have been feeling a bit depressed recently and came across a quote that reminded me of this past and helped me to tell others about my feelings and troubles. It said that:
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
When I first saw this, I realised how I should upon up to my friends about my difficulties and at least have one person there who I could talk to and feel less stressed out about my problems. After I had overcome that short period of depression, I had gone back to trying my hardest and achieving most of my goals. However, because of this quote, I remembered the way in which other people had helped me at a time when I thought I had no help around me. I was happy with my life and decided to help others during their times of greatest need to help them realise their self worth and where their happiness lies.
Therefore, I simply ask for you to help others when possible, to help them acknowledge their strength and courage and intelligence and beauty. I also hope you understand that who you are is enough and that you shouldn't let other people tell you otherwise. I think it would be boring if we were all the same. You are unique. Embrace it and be proud of be. :smile:
Reply 1

Quick Reply

Latest