The Student Room Group

Chemistry/Physics Homework

Explain, in terms of particles in the metal, how heat energy is transferred through the base of the saucepan.

Any help would be appreciated please because I'm really struggling with this subject because my class has a bad teacher..... :smile:
Original post by lissie7
Explain, in terms of particles in the metal, how heat energy is transferred through the base of the saucepan.

Any help would be appreciated please because I'm really struggling with this subject because my class has a bad teacher..... :smile:

Basically, when heat energy (in form of heat) hits the particles in the metal, the particles are put in movement. Thanks to that movement of particles the heat is transferred from one particles to another ones. And so the heat is transferring through the saucepan.

Or in short: particles which come with heat energy together are in movement. This movement transfers the heat to rigid particles. And so it goes on.
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
Basically, when heat energy (in form of heat) hits the particles in the metal, the particles are put in movement. Thanks to that movement of particles the heat is transferred from one particles to another ones. And so the heat is transferring through the saucepan.

Or in short: particles which come with heat energy together are in movement. This movement transfers the heat to rigid particles. And so it goes on.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Original post by lissie7
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to help you. I am glad that you got it thanks to my explanation. :h:
Just to add on to the above post, heat energy is also known as kinetic energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingAuthor
Just to add on to the above post, heat energy is also known as kinetic energy

Do you mean the moment where heat has an effect on rigid atoms to put them into motion?

Quick Reply

Latest