The Student Room Group

Part Time Postgraduate Courses

Can someone explain to me what does part-time means? For example, a 4-year part time MSc - does it mean you do one year of studies, one year of work and then back to studies or something like that? Or do you work + study throughout the 4 years (maybe work during the day and study during the night?)?

I'm thinking of doing a Masters (MSc or MRes) in biosciences, but money is an issue and if I can work and study part time, that'll be really great. However, I just don't see how part time masters can work, esp when research is an important component of the Masters (like in MRes) and therefore, a lot of time commitment is needed. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
I think generally the case is you can either do it full-time in two years (in most cases) or yes, work at the same time and do it part-time over four years :smile: .
Reply 2
Well, it works because you have twice as much time to complete assigments/research/theses etc. So even though you can only devote half your week to studying, while you work maybe four days a week, it works out in the long run because for every two pieces of work full-time students are working on, you will only be working on one.

It's tough though. I couldn't do it. Too many competing demands.

Latest

Trending

Trending