The Student Room Group

He won't let go of his ex

My bf was with a girl at end of high school right through till first year of uni . She cheated on him but he couldn't let go . We got together shortly after he left her for good about a year ago , I was so pleased because I'd fancied him for ages . Trouble is neither of them seem to be able to let go ... They break contact then one of them initiates it again . The latest I've heard ( not from my boyfriend of course )is he'd like to meet up with her again at some point see if they still have feelings ?? Where does this leave me and does it mean he will go back to her eventually ??
Get some self respect and walk away from him.
Reply 2
Wtf why are you still with him, you are desperate if you still stayed with him after he said he might still have feelings for his ex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by GOKU27
Wtf why are you still with him, you are desperate if you still stayed with him after he said he might still have feelings for his ex

Posted from TSR Mobile

He hasn't told me of course ... It's a friend of a friend giving me the info ...it sounds like he still had feelings for her although he at least has chosen me :frown:
You don't want him to cheat on you, with her. His heart is with another girl unfortunately for you, but that's life. Find a guy who is 100% dedicated to you :smile: good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by angelcake123
You don't want him to cheat on you, with her. His heart is with another girl unfortunately for you, but that's life. Find a guy who is 100% dedicated to you :smile: good luck!

Thank you that's what I suspected .. But then why isn't he with her especially if she's still keen I don't get it
I think that's incredibly disrespectful. He's just using you to see if she may potentially has feelings for him and vice versa. I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to be second best. It shows his heart is elsewhere and not 100% with you and you don't want be strung along like that. Have a chat with him and see if he chooses you or her, he can't have the best of both worlds especially since you've been together for a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i suspect your 'friend' here is making up stories
Instead of listening to chinese whispers, you should ask him so he can clarify. If he has feelings for ex, break up. But you need to ask him about it in case they're false rumours.
Find out if it's true and if it is then walk away. You deserve someone to want to be with you not their ex.
Been in this exact position. Lasted...2 months?

Check that this information is true, and talk with him. If it is, then get out of the relationship, honestly its not worth it. I know everyone's different but he is not being fair at all. He shouldn't jump into another relationship if he isn't sure if he still has feelings for someone else. If he still likes a cheat, let him have her, you're better than that. I appreciate ex's can be friends but the climate seems weird for them to remain friends as well, given that there was an affair and such.

For me this repeated 3/4 times. She kept saying she had feelings for her ex and eventually it ended up with me having t get home from Southampton 5 hours away for her to speak to him, feeling a mug. I was depressed for months after.

After that relationship, I took it slower with my current girlfriend and now we're moved out after a year and a half of being together. It does get better, even if its not easy to make the leap.

Inbox me if you need it
(edited 8 years ago)
If hes seeing her, chances are he still has feelings for her, so just walk away from him otherwise hes probably going to have an affair
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you that's what I suspected .. But then why isn't he with her especially if she's still keen I don't get it

Confront him about it
My bf was with a girl at end of high school right through till first year of uni . She cheated on him but he couldn't let go . We got together shortly after he left her for good about a year ago , I was so pleased because I'd fancied him for ages . Trouble is neither of them seem to be able to let go ... They break contact then one of them initiates it again . The latest I've heard ( not from my boyfriend of course )is he'd like to meet up with her again at some point see if they still have feelings ?? Where does this leave me and does it mean he will go back to her eventually ??

anyone that keeps yapping on and on and on about their ex is never a good sign. and when they still keep connected years later, its an even bigger bad sign. and in your case, he is making her priority over u, by seeing how his and his ex's feelings are for one another. and they are obviously still in touch. you are just gonna get cast aside once they meet up again cos their old feelings will be rekindled. walk away before u get completely hurt. cos he doesn't love you in the slightest, u are only an option and someone to fall back on if his plan doesn't work out with his beloved ex
He's mugging you off! I'll set my boys on him
Original post by NoHeroes94
Been in this exact position. Lasted...2 months?

Check that this information is true, and talk with him. If it is, then get out of the relationship, honestly its not worth it. I know everyone's different but he is not being fair at all. He shouldn't jump into another relationship if he isn't sure if he still has feelings for someone else. If he still likes a cheat, let him have her, you're better than that. I appreciate ex's can be friends but the climate seems weird for them to remain friends as well, given that there was an affair and such.

For me this repeated 3/4 times. She kept saying she had feelings for her ex and eventually it ended up with me having t get home from Southampton 5 hours away for her to speak to him, feeling a mug. I was depressed for months after.

After that relationship, I took it slower with my current girlfriend and now we're moved out after a year and a half of being together. It does get better, even if its not easy to make the leap.

Inbox me if you need it

Hey ! Thanks :smile: sorry you've been here too because it just sucks . I hear as well the ex gf has been told by him that he isn't 'with' me so that's great too ! Can't understand why he doesn't just go back to her though instead of creeping around behind my back :frown: any thoughts from your experience and thanks again !
Hey ! Thanks :smile: sorry you've been here too because it just sucks . I hear as well the ex gf has been told by him that he isn't 'with' me so that's great too ! Can't understand why he doesn't just go back to her though instead of creeping around behind my back :frown: any thoughts from your experience and thanks again !

Not trustworthy. Lying about being with you. Messing you around. By the sounds of it, would rather be with her (why i don't know)...

Do I really need to suggest what the best thing would be to do? Don't let yourself get hurt by some waste of space
Original post by NoHeroes94
Not trustworthy. Lying about being with you. Messing you around. By the sounds of it, would rather be with her (why i don't know)...

Do I really need to suggest what the best thing would be to do? Don't let yourself get hurt by some waste of space
Hi thanks yeah 😀 That's prob the best thing but just can't get my head round why he doesn't just go back to her anyway if he likes her that much why stay with me :frown:
Hi thanks yeah 😀 That's prob the best thing but just can't get my head round why he doesn't just go back to her anyway if he likes her that much why stay with me :frown:

If you want me to be honest, from an outsiders point of view it seems to be because you give him a safety net if it doesn't work out again, he has someone to come back to. Total d**k move. And honestly thats not fair for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending