The Student Room Group

Do i stay or transfer? i need help on this one!

Im at brunel university and im in my second year, i havent fully enrolled as a student because i am undecided on whether i want to transfer, stay, or take a gap year.

I think my problems are due to depression and confidence issues. At this university i have felt lucky with some of the friends i have met but at the same time i find it tricky to gain a connection with people at this uni which causes me to feel lonely. My flat mates have both sucked for 2 years which doesnt make it any better. I have felt that because its a london uni, this is what was expected, people who are stuck up and arrogant... I have been speaking to more people these last 2/3 weeks but i feel as though at another university my experience could be a lot better.. people give me their number and dont reply to my texts, its unusua and it makes me feel crap, it could be confident issues but stuck up people will only bring me down.. i know a lot of people on campus but they are only seen as aquantiances instead of real friends... Im doing well academically but i dont know if i should stay or leave, i have yet to enrol so i dont need to worry about fees as of yet... Originally im from birmingham, so people there are more friendly in general.. i feel that at my uni that there are different amounts of people and a lot of them are interesting but i also feel that i cant make bonds with them because we arent similiar... i was looking for a fresh start and felt thats not something ive had as i still feel pretty damn alone and judged..

Do i stay or stick it out? ive always worried about "what if its worse at another university'.. but then again if ive made all these friends already then surely i could make them again at other universities... its just scary and its a big decision and i really need some advice
Reply 1
Bump
Please don't leave just because of the social life, especially if you're doing ok academically. All unis will be a mix of people though London as a city is more cosmopolitan than most other uni cities. Maybe go speak to advice and counselling and see if they can help? Also join societies and clubs. They'll help you to meet like minded people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending