The Student Room Group

Should I break it off?

So for the last 2 months I've been sort of dating someone I met through an app, we hadn't been able to meet in person because we live 3 hours apart.

They've been behaving weird, one day they're really into me and being really forward and sexual (which makes me uncomfortable) and stuff, the next I don't hear from them for days and get really short replies. I've tried loads of times to find a time that I can visit them and they always say that they want to see me but every time I offer they always have some excuse why they're busy.

I've not been dating anyone else while we've been talking because I feel weird about doing that, but I feel like I'm effectively putting my life on hold for someone who keeps fobbing me off and only seems into me when it's convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

You are only 3 hours away. Maybe try meeting up and see where it goes?
Reply 2
Original post by Gaming_Hippy
You are only 3 hours away. Maybe try meeting up and see where it goes?

I've been trying but they keep having excuses about being busy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I've been trying but they keep having excuses about being busy
Posted from TSR Mobile

Break up, they're not putting the effort in. The hot and cold thing is weird, they should be more consistent. And when they notice you, they're probs after sex - which you don't want. This relationship doesn't really seem to be going anywhere soz.
Reply 4
This isn't a relationship this is casual sporadic text sex with someone who is way too far away to maintain anything, doing all the text sex stuff before you've actually met is rarely a sign this will work out well. I'd get real if I were you and work on meeting someone near you who, you know, you've actually met?
that doesn't sound like a relationship, sounds like he just wants someone to sext with when he gets horny. Then once he's done he goes back to not talking again.
Red flag #1: It's been two months and you've not met yet
Red flag #2: When they're not being cold, they're being way too forward which makes you feel uncomfortable (not cool!)

From what you've said here, break it off. Honestly, don't waste your time with relationships like this, life is too short. Find someone who wants to spend time with you, makes you feel happy (not uncomfortable) and that you enjoy being with.

:hugs:
Reply 7
Break up its not worth the aggro or heartbreak :frown:
So for the last 2 months I've been sort of dating someone I met through an app, we hadn't been able to meet in person because we live 3 hours apart.

They've been behaving weird, one day they're really into me and being really forward and sexual (which makes me uncomfortable) and stuff, the next I don't hear from them for days and get really short replies. I've tried loads of times to find a time that I can visit them and they always say that they want to see me but every time I offer they always have some excuse why they're busy.

I've not been dating anyone else while we've been talking because I feel weird about doing that, but I feel like I'm effectively putting my life on hold for someone who keeps fobbing me off and only seems into me when it's convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*shrug* Just block them and move on?

You've been chatting to someone over the net, not planning a wedding.

It's also a bit weird to suggest you've been dating when you've been on precisely zero dates.

My advice? Drop em, block em, go out and meet someone else. They're weird, and making you feel uncomfortable and more importantly they have no interest to meet.

Meet someone else.

The beauty of dating is you get to move on without fuss if you decide that person isn't for you, without having lost anything.
Reply 9
Thanks guys, I think I just needed it put bluntly like that to realise it's not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys, I think I just needed it put bluntly like that to realise it's not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You deserve a nice, real person. Don't settle for anyone who doesn't treat you like royalty.
Reply 11
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You deserve a nice, real person. Don't settle for anyone who doesn't treat you like royalty.

aww :colondollar: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always been my advice. Kiss frogs, but only settle for princes/princesses.
Reply 13
Always been my advice. Kiss frogs, but only settle for princes/princesses.

I have kissed far too many frogs :lol:

right, I'm gonna have to be brave and do this tonight aren't I

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's weird to see a thread on this section that's actually kinda... resolved.

right, I'm gonna have to be brave and do this tonight aren't I

Posted from TSR Mobile

That appears to be the consensus.
Reply 16
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's weird to see a thread on this section that's actually kinda... resolved.

mods (uh, support team) get stuff done :cool:

That appears to be the consensus.

Currently working on the first draft :yep:
mods (uh, support team) get stuff done :cool:

Currently working on the first draft :yep:

Support team work at its finest.
Reply 18
it's done, I am officially single. It feels weird being the one dumping someone :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's done, I am officially single. It feels weird being the one dumping someone :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done. You're worth more than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending