University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2016 applicants & offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Course: Liberal arts & natsci
Predicted grades: A*AA (& A* in EPQ)
Offer: AAA (A in EPQ)
So happy cos Brum is my first choice and got a lower offer than expected!! :smile:)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 41
Original post by bear_reynolds
Course: Liberal arts & natsci
Predicted grades: A*AA (& A* in EPQ)
Offer: AAA (A in EPQ)
So happy cos Brum is my first choice and got a lower offer than expected!! :smile:)

Well done!!! Do you mind me asking when you sent off your application? Mine went out on the 6th so I'm really hoping to hear back soon. But, I applied for Philosophy and I know that some courses start offering before others.
Reply 42
Original post by Abbie_1511
AS subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths and Science in society (predicted)
AS grades: AAAAAA
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
A2 grades: A*A*A
Applying for: Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry.

Got an offer today :smile: A*AA so happy!

Well done!!! Wow those are amazing grades by the way!

Is A*AA the typical entry requirements? I'm also predicted A*A*A* for A2 but I'm worried this might make them give me an offer higher than the typical AAB entry requirements for philosophy.
Ahh! I really want an offer soon. *cries*
Original post by TTWNGCBC
Well done!!! Wow those are amazing grades by the way!

Is A*AA the typical entry requirements? I'm also predicted A*A*A* for A2 but I'm worried this might make them give me an offer higher than the typical AAB entry requirements for philosophy.

thank you!!
don't worry, on the website for chem eng it says A*AA so they should offer your AAB if thats what they say :smile:
ahh congrats! it's nice to be the first :smile:
where else you applied?
Woah according to WhatUni.com Birmingham has an 81% applicant success rate for BSc Psychology! 1385 applicants, 1124 successful in 2013 - kind of reassuring?
Looking at all of these is so depressing
Reply 48
Applied for Oxford and Birmingham 5 A*'s 3 A's and one B got an offer from birmingham for economics. Applied on the 12th of this month
Reply 49
Original post by LamantChenille
Ahh! I really want an offer soon. *cries*

Dont be so worried. I didnt sort out my application till the end of january because i forgot to send them some vital paperwork and recieved an offer some time in march.
Reply 50
Hey!!
AS: Chemistry (A) Physics (B) History (B) and Maths (C - **** D1)
A2: Chemistry (A) Physics (A) Maths (A)
Applying for Mechanical Engineering BEng, live in Manchester, come from Scotland!!
Reply 51
I got an offer today...
Bath, imperial, Nottingham and Sheffield :smile:
Heard anything from anyone else yet?
Reply 53
Original post by Abbie_1511
thank you!!
don't worry, on the website for chem eng it says A*AA so they should offer your AAB if thats what they say :smile:

Great :smile: thanks so much!
Reply 54
Original post by nhabib3
I got an offer today...

Well done! What course? And when did you apply?
Reply 55
Original post by nhabib3
Applied for Oxford and Birmingham 5 A*'s 3 A's and one B got an offer from birmingham for economics. Applied on the 12th of this month

Oh sorry I didn't see this.
Wow - impressive results! Have you already got your A levels then? And how on Earth did you manage to do 9 and stay sane haha... Must be some sort of record :wink:
AS subjects: History, Politics, English Language, English Literature and ICT (I did AS ICT in year 11)
AS grades: AAABB, respectively
A2 subjects: History, Politics and English Literature
Predicted: A*AA, respectively
Applying for: Law LLB

Birmingham is probably the place I'm least likely to get an offer from because the LNAT is so difficult, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how that goes! Hopefully school will send off my application this week as I sent it to them last week.
Reply 57
Haha well have you ever heard of the term 'asian parents'? They can get intimidating at times... So what do you think? do I have a chance at Oxford?
Reply 58
Original post by beyknowles2
Woah according to WhatUni.com Birmingham has an 81% applicant success rate for BSc Psychology! 1385 applicants, 1124 successful in 2013 - kind of reassuring?

As in 1124 applicant got a place on the course or just an offer? This gives me hope :lol:
Original post by zoex101
As in 1124 applicant got a place on the course or just an offer? This gives me hope :lol:

I'd say got an offer, no way is there 1124 places on one course :tongue: yes me too! good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending