The Student Room Group

Has a teacher ever taught you the wrong stuff?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WoodyMKC
We were talking about things associated with certain countries in Geography, so I shouted out "Leprechauns" when we came to Ireland (because I was pretty ****ing funny even at that age) - apparently they don't exist, I was being sarcastic and was sent out of the class, but I know they're real :colonhash:
Of course they're real.

There are factories producing leprechauns to go in your garden and DIY stores that stock them.

There are factories producing leprechaun fancy dress outfits and shops and web sites sell them.

There are factories producing leprechaun masks, banners, posters, badges and all manner of related items for St. Patrick's Day.

There are leprechaun books, song CDs, themed toys and stationery.

Ireland imports these products from places like China and exports these products all round the world. It is a significant part of their economy and an important part of the national image and traditions. They are extremely important for Irish cultural heritage.

The teacher may as well say Guinness doesn't exist.
Original post by Simes
Of course they're real.

There are factories producing leprechauns to go in your garden and DIY stores that stock them.

There are factories producing leprechaun fancy dress outfits and shops and web sites sell them.

There are factories producing leprechaun masks, banners, posters, badges and all manner of related items for St. Patrick's Day.

Ireland imports these products from places like China and exports these products all round the world. It is a significant part of their economy and an important part of the national image and traditions. They are extremely important for Irish cultural heritage.

Would rep this post too.
(PRSOM) :frown:

I swear I said this to an earlier post of yours too. :tongue:
(So 3 reppable posts now.)
@Simes stop making such good posts. :tongue: xD (jk)
Not me personally, but in year 11 the GCSE PE & Dance groups where taught the AQA spec and when they went in to the exam they found out they where meant to be doing OCR,
None of them got above a B grade (The ones who did had amazing practical scores!)
Also, our GCSE ICT group had about 10 teachers throughout the year, each who taught their own spec, we all got awful grades
And my maths teacher was corrected 90% of the time by students in lessons as they got incorrect answers to most things and taught concepts incorrectly

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Simes
Of course they're real.

Don't forget the horror movies starring Warrick Davis :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by XcitingStuart
@Simes stop making such good posts. :tongue: xD (jk)
Shan’t!

But if we had -ve rep, I'd probably only be breaking even. :-)

Quick Reply