The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation. Hopefully someone will know of one but I doubt there are enough people who do this module and who would buy the book to make it worth making a book for.
Reply 2
Turning points? What exactly do you mean? Be more specific, I mean, if you mean turning points on a graph using differentiation for example, nobody is going to write a complete book on that... Just have a look in a maths text book... Other than that I don't know what you are both asking about?
Reply 3
It's a module in Physics that is titled "Turning Points in Physics".
Its unit 8 on AQA exam board.
Reply 4
atali
It's a module in Physics that is titled "Turning Points in Physics".
Its unit 8 on AQA exam board.

I can't believe there is a whole module on just "Turning Points" in A Level now. Seriously though, try an A Level maths book and look under differentiation. If you want something better, try looking for Maths Analysis for Physical Scientists by Mary Boas, its one of the best text on this subject, if you plan on continuing into degree, it may even be worth buying it.
Reply 5
I'm thinking that the module doesn't refer to differentiation, but rather really important discoveries in physics. Unfortunately, I don't know of a book on this.
Reply 6
Yeah its not to do with turning points on graphs, its about major discoveries in physics such as relativity and wave/particle duality. I'm doing this module and having the same problem, I can't find a textbook anywhere :frown:
x
Reply 7
You probably won't find a textbook on it, because it picks and chooses lots of different topics that are quite interesting. Millikan's oil drop experiment, electron diffraction and special relativity are all quite disparate topics. You might have to look in a number of books. Having said that, they are covered quite comprehensively on many websites, and - dare I say it - Wikipedia.
Reply 8
There is no book. Shock horror - you might have to make your own notes.

Mehh - Boas is a bit ahead of the game - not quite up for Taylor Series just yet....

Better still - discover a thing called a textbook. It dosnt give you plague...
Reply 9
Sounds like you need to get hold of a more general A-level textbook. Muncaster's 'A-level Physics' is good. So's 'Advanced Physics' by Steve Adams and someone else who's name I've forgotten and am too lazy to go and find my copy of this :p:

Latest