The Student Room Group

Twinkle twinkle little star. ~

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Mpagtches
... how I wonder ... what the **** is going on.

hahahaha okay i know this is over a month ago but that cracked me the **** up X'D
Reply 161
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Why are there so many smileys in this thread

Bc it's my thread and I can do what I like. :awesome: I'm pretty sure you've already said something similar on here in the past. Goodbye. :wavey:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
:colonhash: My thoughts on a page..in a post, not necessarily asking for them to be answered..but I placed them there.. Just bc. :indiff:

I wasn't suggesting that we sell books without covers. -_- But its not about whether we'll be able to read them or not bc that's besides the point. (If there even was one.) I've no ideaaaaaaaaa. :indiff:

Hm, no. :indiff:

I've pretty sure they aren't as I've never heard of them being called both sweet and sour. :indiff: But... oops I guess? ^-^

XD :indiff:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for pointing out you're the OP, I'd never have guessed :indiff: I wanted to answer :indiff:

What about eBooks :indiff: ? They don't even physically exist :indiff: What are your thoughts on them :indiff: ?

Hmm, yes :indiff:

Spoiler

I'll leave now :rofl: :getmecoat:
Original post by Anon_98
Bc it's my thread and I can do what I like. :awesome: I'm pretty sure you've already said something similar on here in the past. Goodbye. :wavey:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I have. Good memory. Explains why this thread was in my "watch" list. Rest assured I won't be "watching" this thread any more. Adieu.
Reply 164
Original post by Mochassassin
This is seriously an excellent piece of creative writing. I'm not even kidding right now. :coma:
Your post about people reacting to your gap year made my day! Too funny. :rofl:

Awww thanks Sass that means a lot aha, especially since it's coming from an English Student. XD :biggrin: :lovehug:
XD :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Yep I have. Good memory. Explains why this thread was in my "watch" list. Rest assured I won't be "watching" this thread any more. Adieu.

Well, you were irritating me. >.< It makes no sense as to why you would repeat exactly the same thing if you knew that you'd posted it before. I'm not sure what you were expecting... an essay on how much I love using emoticons? Or how much other people like using them? Or how much you possibly dislike them¿ :s-smilie:

Okay. ~

Edit: Gah, I'm sorry. :sigh: Thanks for all the support anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
:biggrin:

Haha, yeah¡ :smile: I didn't expect a response, thanks a lot for that!¡ :hugs: Hm, what you said was all really interesting - yeah I guess you're right. ^-^ Prsom. btw :emo: - I'll try and rep you for it tomorrow. :h: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :biggrin: Considering you took the time to go into so much detail, I thought it'd be wrong to waste it :h:
Reply 167
Conjumbled Cumulonimbus' + Stratocumulus' + Dozens of Rainbows + talking unicorns + Bournville cottages don't exist in such life + Falling from rooftops while consuming half a gingerbread biscuit which has been iced by the characters from Toy Story will not occur anytime soon + you can't fly bc you don't have wings + you don't have wings bc you're not a fairy + you aren't running at 60mph away from the Grinch in the depths of Wonderland + you don't have to pinch yourself to prove it bc yes, that's right we aren't dreaming¡ :eek4: The Christmas holidays have really, actually, truly, finally arrived and I can't express my pure gratitude. :woohoo:

So much to do.

So little time.

So much to do.

So much.

So.

S.

Santa is nearly here. :bubbles:

What if I don't get it done.

The prospect of completing 16 exams in the summer is somewhat daunting. :emo:
It quite obviously means that I need to use this break to my absolute advantage and NOT ON TSR. :fuhrer: So, I've devised a set of rules for myself to ensure I don't accidentally do this:

~A maximum of 10 posts can be made within a period of 24hrs. (TSR big brother might have to be considered an exception...bc I don't want to lose the tasks... :indiff: :no: ) Am I being overly generous with myself? Should I say 5 posts so it's actually a challenge¿..hmm.. Desicions..
Life is so hard. :cry2:
5 posts it is. :indiff:

~Disable VMs to avoid any unnecessary distractions.(Which I've already done. :u: I really hate replying to them anyway bc it's so much effort going onto the website. :rofl: So this wasn't difficult at all. Infact, it just feels like I've lifted a burden. O_O :colondollar: :getmecoat: )

~Disable PMs to avoid spending hours replying to messages when I could be doing work. :sadnod: (I'll do this later tonight. :awesome:)

I think that's everything. :u: Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up until mid-January. :woo: Or if it goes really well then perhaps it'll last until the end of exam season. :eek2: Or if it goes really, really really reallyyyyy well then maybe I won't even be able to inform you all about how well it went. :teehee:

I guess that's when the dreaming may begin. XD :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah good riddance :hand:
Reply 169
Original post by somemightsay888
Yeah good riddance :hand:

:rofl: :colonhash:

You don't mean that. :cry2: <\3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
:rofl: :colonhash:

You don't mean that. :cry2: <\3

Posted from TSR Mobile

...I don't :cry: <3

NO BREAK :mob:
Reply 171
Bedtime? 11:34¿ You wot. O_O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Dear thread,

can I resurrect you.
:moon:
Reply 174
Well, wahayyy I haven't posted here in absolute forever but we're well into exam season now so to keep me more motivated I thought it'd be a good idea to revive this! :biggrin:

Oh goodness, so where do I start. :woo:

I have my very first exam this Friday on the 6th May. >.<

That means I have 3 days. :eek:

That means I have 72 hours. :eek2:

But technically, at least 21 of those hours will be me sleeping so I infact have 51 hours. :eek3:

And ofc, I'm still at school for at least 8hrs per day every one of those days so that takes me down to 27 hours. :eek4:

27 HOURS AND I'M MOST DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR THIS EXAM. :cry:

It's not even 27hrs btw, bc we're not taking into account those daydreaming + procrastination sessions but let's just keep it that way bc I want to be optimistic about this.

Okay, so below is everything I need to do before Friday. I.E. By Thursday night. The stuff in red is everything I am yet to accomplish and obviously the stuff in green is everything I have thankfully managed to complete. :h:

Things to do.

~ Make notes on Amount of substance.
~ Make notes on Kinetics.
~ Make notes on Redox Equilibria.
~ Make notes on Transition metals.

ligand substitution reactions

transition metals as catalysts

colour of ions/spectrophotometry

~ Make notes on Reactions of organic compounds in Aqueous solution.
~ Memorise Amount of substance.
~ Memorise Kinetics.
~ Memorise Redox Equilibria.
~ Memorise Transition metals.

ligand substitution reactions.

transition metals as catalysts.

colour of ions/spectrophotometry.

~ Memorise Reactions of organic compounds in Aqueous solution.
~ Read through all booklets given on double titrations/everything.
~ Re-write everything on tasks 1 and 2.
~ Research stuff on tasks 1 and 2.
~ Complete at least 3 past papers. (preferably all of them but I don't think I'll have time. :cry2: )

Okay, so evidently it's going to be a bit of a challenge but I think I can do this. Or at least, I have to try. :dumbells:

It also means that I must, must, must use my free periods wisely this week if I'm to complete everything. I have also decided to attend school early tomorrow, at 8:00am rather than 11:00am bc I need to take this test that I missed on Friday since I was absent. >.< However, I have a couple more free periods in the afternoon where I shall go to the library and attempt to commit some of those facts to memory. We'll see how much I get done upon returning. I'll also be going to the library after sixth form tomorrow rather than returning straight home as I feel it might help to keep me more focused. I often find that it's a whole lot less distracting so hopefully I'll be able to achieve a lot during that time.

Ugh, my goodness, I see too much red. I'm going to die. D;;

*screamsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss*

Well, I suppose only time will tell if this works. :toofunny:

As of now, I am going to plan what I'll do in my study periods tomorrow, by arranging it in time slots and placing certain tasks in plastic wallets so I have it all organised + not waste half my time thinking about what I would like to do instead of doing it. I'm also going to get ready for bed. O_O

EARLY NIGHT FOR ANON. :crazy:
Reply 175
Right, well I have not done nearly as much as I should've today.

Rather than go to the library, I decided to stay in the common room during out of school hours but it turned out to be disastrous bc I evidently got distracted so then resorted to returning home having not achieved anything significant.

If I was simply able to take my own stupid study advice, then perhaps I wouldn't be in this position rn. :laugh:

Well, I am going to spend the next 4/so hours at my desk.

I will try and get as much as I can done.

Nah, infact I won't try- I will get a lot done.

I believe that it's totally do-able, I'm just being annoyingly difficult.

+ I only have 18hrs left.

ANON, STOP IT. FGS.

..Stop what? :puppyeyes:
@Anon_98 this thread is wondrous, you're hilarious :awesome:

And good luck!! :ahee:
If your revision was as meticulous as your TSR posts, you'd be straight off to Oxbridge xD

Best of luck in your exams Anon, hope you smash them.
Reply 178
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
If your revision was as meticulous as your TSR posts, you'd be straight off to Oxbridge xD

Best of luck in your exams Anon, hope you smash them.

But my TSR posts are anything but meticulous. :cry2:

Thank you v much, Carpe! <3 I wish you the absolute best of luck for yours too. - you can do ittttttttttttttttttt. :woohoo:
Reply 179
After many hours of cramming, complaining and confusion. Here is an update of what I ended up completing:

Things to do.

~ Make notes on Amount of substance.
~ Make notes on Kinetics.
~ Make notes on Redox Equilibria.
~ Make notes on Transition metals.

ligand substitution reactions

transition metals as catalysts

colour of ions/spectrophotometry

~ Make notes on Reactions of organic compounds in Aqueous solution.
~ Memorise Amount of substance.
~ Memorise Kinetics.
~ Memorise Redox Equilibria.
~ Memorise Transition metals.

ligand substitution reactions.

transition metals as catalysts.

colour of ions/spectrophotometry.

~ Memorise Reactions of organic compounds in Aqueous solution.
~ Read through all booklets given on double titrations/everything.
~ Re-write everything on tasks 1 and 2.
~ Research stuff on tasks 1 and 2.
~ Complete at least 3 past papers. (preferably all of them but I don't think I'll have time. :cry2: )

Well, I didn't get 3 past papers done but I did manage two, however as expected had no time nor energy for anymore. I'm not overly fussed that I didn't make my notes on redox equilibria either tbh. :cool:

The absolute annoying thing about the exam I took this morning would had to have been the part where the exams officer told us all to take off our watches so they could be collected in by the invigilators due to the arising of this 'new smart technology stuffz'. I recall Captain Jack making a thread on it but I didn't think it'd actually be put into practice. It's v irritating bc I find it much more practical/prefer having the time on my wrist rather than having to look up at the front clock every so often. -_-

Anyway, I'm so glad it's (temporarily) all over!!:woo: I am going to have a well-deserved nap now bc I so-very-desperately need one. :biggrin:

My next exam is on Monday.

So this weekend should be fun.

Lots.

of.

Funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending