The Student Room Group

Would you cheat in an exam if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

Poll

Would you cheat in an exam if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

Let's say it's your weakest subject.

You can cheat in the exam with absolute immunity from getting caught.

Or you can go it alone, with the knowledge that the grade you get, you worked for.

What would you do?

Scroll to see replies

Oh

Definitely :wink:

You either win or you lose the game of life.
Original post by shooks

Or you can go it alone, with the knowledge that the grade you get, you worked for.

What would you do?

no i wouldn't, i want to earn the grade i get and i would know that i have cheated and the guilt would destroy me, especially if it was a big exam like GCSE or A level
Watch out guys, this thread is being monitored by the exam boards...
Reply 4
This sounds like such a baiting thread.

Next thing Met Police will create an account on TSR and be like "do you illegally download music and films??"
My hand is like a canvas come exam time.
Original post by AdamCee
This sounds like such a baiting thread.

Next thing Met Police will create an account on TSR and be like "do you illegally download music and films??"

Considering I'm pretty sure the discussion of illegal activity is against the Community Guidelines, this wouldn't be allowed anyway...

In any case, you can't get through life just by being a nice guy, or by playing by the rules. Too many people don't do this meaning that to come out on top, you need to do the same!
I wouldn't, the point of an exam is to test what you've learned. Plus, if I managed to get a good grade without cheating, it would feel like more of an achievement than if I'd cheated
Reply 8
I couldn't. I wouldn't be able to stand knowing that I cheated
I can't believe most people say yes! Wouldn't you feel really guilty?
it defeats the purpose of exams, no?
Reply 11
Original post by ozmo19
I couldn't. I wouldn't be able to stand knowing that I cheated
I can relate to that.

I'm doing the degree I am because I want and need to be taught the course material for future career plans. I need an accurate assessment at the end of each module of whether I have 'got it' or not.

I'd hate to cheat and get a 1st and always be in fear of being seen as one of those people with a good degree and no knowledge.
Reply 12
... however, if I could see it was easy for anyone to cheat at the exam, I would go public with it and spoil it for everyone. Sorry, folks.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
it defeats the purpose of exams, no?

The purpose being to get into a good course or land a well-paying job, not really.
Reply 14
Original post by Simes

I'd hate to cheat and get a 1st and always be in fear of being seen as one of those people with a good degree and no knowledge.

Exactly!

It is very different when what you are learning is something that you will need and will have to use in a job say, whereas you may have a 1st but not have the same level of knowledge as someone who may have got a 2:1...
Original post by zyzzyspirit
The purpose being to get into a good course or land a well-paying job, not really.

At the end of the day your chances will boil down to your ability and aptitude to perform well in the field you're practicing in.
Reply 16
ITS A TRAP
Reply 17
Original post by shooks

What would you do?

I could have all the knowledge on that subject that exists in the world and I would still cheat. I want security, actual facts and most impirtantly the grades for UNIVERSITY that's my priority I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep
No, never, it's not the fear of being caught that prevents me from cheating, it's the fact that I wouldn't be able to feel proud of the result. I need to feel as though I earned the grade I get, even if it isn't as good as if I'd cheated.
as much as people are saying no, the reality is that everyone would cheat if they knew for sure they couldnt get caught, and everyone would rob banks if they knew they were never get caught etc.

Quick Reply

Latest