The Student Room Group

Help?

I really want to do law at university but I only achieved an ABC at as level, can any one help me choose a university? All the help I got from my college was to go to uni-frog and that didn't help much.
Original post by Josh124
I really want to do law at university but I only achieved an ABC at as level, can any one help me choose a university? All the help I got from my college was to go to uni-frog and that didn't help much.

Are you set on a particular university or city? ABC at AS can easily become and ABB or AAB and get you in most places. Alternatively, should your grades slip there are always options. Let me know where and I'll try and help
Reply 2
Original post by Paulwyn
Are you set on a particular university or city? ABC at AS can easily become and ABB or AAB and get you in most places. Alternatively, should your grades slip there are always options. Let me know where and I'll try and help

Well I'm being quite pragmatic at the moment so I'm thinking Brunel (if I'm lucky with an ABB) Essex, Birkbeck and BPP. Do you think universities would still accept me if I'm one grade away from their requirements?
Original post by Josh124
Well I'm being quite pragmatic at the moment so I'm thinking Brunel (if I'm lucky with an ABB) Essex, Birkbeck and BPP. Do you think universities would still accept me if I'm one grade away from their requirements?

Short answer yes, with the above, there can be a bit of flex with their grade boundaries, so don't feel too apprehensive about applying for those 4.

what i would add suggest is absolutely nailing your personal statement, as this can help you get over the line where grades are slightly below the usual tariff.

@BPP University and @Brunel University London also have great official reps on the site and you could possibly DM them with any questions around grade requirements
Original post by Josh124

Hello!!
It depends on how strict they are. Probably yes! I would say yes for Essex at least, I have finished my degree there and I am doing a masters now at Essex - from other friends' experience they should allow you to start your studies there even if you are just one grade away from what they ask!
If in doubt you can always contact the department of your study :smile:

Hope that helps!
^Andriana
Reply 5
Thanks guys! But I was wondering about Queen Mary, would it be harder to get in there?
Hey Josh,

We'd echo what Paulwyn said earlier in the thread. If there's anything you want to know about the course at Brunel you’ll find it here.

We’ve got a few different Law courses and we also offer a placement year.

Feel free to DM us with any questions and good luck with your studies this year,

Laura

Original post by Josh124
Thanks guys! But I was wondering about Queen Mary, would it be harder to get in there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending