The Student Room Group

predicted grades

my question is that my predicted grades are AAC, the uni requirements are BBB Would i be offered a place? a different uni has entry requirements of ABB Would i be offered a place?
Reply 1
Original post by blessed107
my question is that my predicted grades are AAC, the uni requirements are BBB Would i be offered a place? a different uni has entry requirements of ABB Would i be offered a place?

You might be.

What is the C predicted in? If it's maths or physics it would be less likely they would give you an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by blessed107

If your A's are in maths and physics than you will (probably) be fine, but it's worth talking to your teachers because often grades don't balance out like that (ie BBB isn't the same as ABC), because often the point universities are making is that there should be no subject below B.

However, you should definitely check with universities. So from my own experience, I know that Queen Mary Mechanical engineering (requirements AAA) will accept A*AB, but UCL (A*AA) won't go for A*A*B, and some universities, in my case, Brunel (AAA) look at each application specifically, and might even accept ABB over AAA if they see that you have passion for the subject.
Reply 3
Well the other point is they may *offer*, but they would still require you to hit the offer (i.e. do better than your prediction by getting the C up to a B).

Again, it could depend on what the C is predicted in...
Reply 4
phone up and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest