The Student Room Group

I really can't stand my parents

Their relationship is ****ing awful. They are both as worse as each other. My mum wants ME to interfere into THEIR business to stick up for her. And when i don't she slags me off. I've tried telling my dad off once for what he does and guess what. My mum turns on me. This is just getting ridiculous. My mum looks down on me and pushes her stupid insecurites onto me. She is constantly cursing at me, putting me down at every opportunity, dissing me, slapping, etc, etc.

She wakes up really early for fajr prayer and wakes me up with her moaning and groaning about me. This goes on and on for nearly three hours until she goes back to bed. Then throughout the day it's the same thing. She'll throw stuff at me, etc. She has called me mental more than one time, saying i'm the ONE who needs help :rofl: but with this behaviour i don't even know what to say. Tbh it's because of what my dad has done to her to make her like this. But she refuses to leave him.

My dad is never home but when he is he ignores all of us. She will act all sugary with him and the minute he's gone she's on the phone cussing him off to her friends :facepalm:

I just want to leave this stupid hellhole of a life. This is only a small part of what's going on and it's having it's toll on me

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

18. Before you say move out-i can't.
is it reall bad that i read your first line and felt sorry for you then out of nowhere saw that laughing emoji and stopped feeling sorry for you -___-
Original post by Anonymous
18. Before you say move out-i can't.

Will you be applying for university this year or are you already in uni?

Also, have you got an older sibling/relative that you're close to?
My mum acted in a similar manner as well when her boyfriend was around and the other way round.
I just ignore it cus' I know a house or university out there will come and pick me up soon...
Reply 6
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
is it reall bad that i read your first line and felt sorry for you then out of nowhere saw that laughing emoji and stopped feeling sorry for you -___-

Haha, your comment made me laugh. :lol: It's cool
Reply 7
I think your mother has some mental issues. No normal mother would ever put her own children down. Every mother loves her children more than anything.
Has your had any traumatizing experiences
Reply 8
Will you be applying for university this year or are you already in uni?

Also, have you got an older sibling/relative that you're close to?

Applying this year.

One older sibling who doesn't live at home
Reply 9
Original post by eoe
I think your mother has some mental issues. No normal mother would ever put her own children down. Every mother loves her children more than anything.

Idk if she has mental issues or not.

Has your who?
Original post by eoe

Define 'normal'

You may have a 'relationship' with your parent but that doesn't mean every single person on earth has thesame.
Original post by Francis.C
My mum acted in a similar manner as well when her boyfriend was around and the other way round.
I just ignore it cus' I know a house or university out there will come and pick me up soon...

She should just dump him then
Original post by eoe

Although I know you're trying to be helpful, I'd hate it if someone decided to say that my mother has "mental issues" when I'm the one having the rant, and at the end of the day, she is still your mother and you'd get pissed if anyone else spoke badly of her apart from yourself. Perhaps be more thoughtful with your phrasing.

Original post by Anonymous
Applying this year.

One older sibling who doesn't live at home

I completely understand how you feel, my mum is rather patronizing too haha. Are they saying that you can't apply out of your town/city for university?

Thankfully I've got an older sister (who no longer lives at home either) who I can speak to when things get a little rough at home, so I either let out all my anger out to her or wait for her to speak to my mum herself because I'm stubborn af :hand:

What I do most of the time is try to ignore it though. Yeah, sure, she'll say things that upset you but just know that you're better and you can rise so much higher than her by not giving in to her insults.
Reply 13
[QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59908251]Although I know you're trying to be helpful, I'd hate it if someone decided to say that my mother has "mental issues" when I'm the one having the rant, and at the end of the day, she is still your mother and you'd get pissed if anyone else spoke badly of her apart from yourself. Perhaps be more thoughtful with your phrasing.

I completely understand how you feel, my mum is rather patronizing too haha. Are they saying that you can't apply out of your town/city for university?

Thankfully I've got an older sister (who no longer lives at home either) who I can speak to when things get a little rough at home, so I either let out all my anger out to her or wait for her to speak to my mum herself because I'm stubborn af :hand:

What I do most of the time is try to ignore it though. Yeah, sure, she'll say things that upset you but just know that you're better and you can rise so much higher than her by not giving in to her insults.

I am not trying to be hateful. Please dont always assume things.
Original post by eoe

I said helpful lol.
Although I know you're trying to be helpful, I'd hate it if someone decided to say that my mother has "mental issues" when I'm the one having the rant, and at the end of the day, she is still your mother and you'd get pissed if anyone else spoke badly of her apart from yourself. Perhaps be more thoughtful with your phrasing.

Yh, thanks for the above comment. Ngl, i felt angry/hurt when he said my mum has mental issues.

Ah, i'm glad you can relate. I try to ignore it most of the time but sometimes her comments just really gets under my skin and i scream at her and this makes the situation even more worse. I just feel so unloved. I will just have to keep on ignoring and just be patient i guess :/
Original post by eoe

telling someone that their mom may have mental problems isn't the best way to go about things as you can easily take offence. What seems normal to you could be wrong to others, vice versa
Reply 17
I said helpful lol.

I know you did, still !
I am a gangster !

Well said👏🏾
Original post by eoe

Ffs, do you have anything useful to contribute? Otherwise please remove yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending