The Student Room Group

Choosing a university

What factors are most important to you when choosing universities?
Is it possible to get that feeling that a university is 'the one' for you as soon as you've been there?
Yeah it is possible. Look for teaching quality/location/the atmosphere of the place :smile: and of course that they do the course you want
Reply 2
Original post by jdchp
Is it possible to get that feeling that a university is 'the one' for you as soon as you've been there?

That's how I felt after revisiting Southampton this month :h:

It's a feeling I didn't get at Cambridge or Imperial... each to their own, I guess...
Original post by jdchp

Definitely, I felt it as soon as I looked at the main Cardiff building and every other thing that happened that day only served to reinforce it. If the university doesn't feel right I wouldn't even consider it but that's just my personal opinion.
the only thing that should matter is whether or not you're going to cambridge.
if you aren't life isn't worth living tbh
Reply 5
How many open days did you go to before finding 'the one'?
Original post by jdchp

I visited in order Sheffield Hallam, Cambridge, Oxford, Manchester, SOAS, Sheffield. I liked Sheffield the best :smile:
Reply 7
The first uni I ever visited was the Royal Veterinary College and I was adamant nothing could ever beat it. After a bad experience with Bristol staff, and a visit to Nottingham that firmed that I would never, ever, want to go there, I was pretty sure London was going to be my 1st choice.

Then I went to Glasgow, and fell in love. I just clicked. The people were great, the city was great, the course was perfect to me. The location was stunning, the opportunities were great, and I just...wow. I just hope I go there basically! I definitely think it's possible to find "the one" when it comes to unis. But at the same time, I think so long as you are relatively happy with your location, and you love your course, uni will be great no matter what. :smile:
Original post by jdchp

Aberystwyth, Bangor, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield, Cardiff. It's going be between Aber and Cardiff for my firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending