The Student Room Group

Camp America nightlife?

I'm looking at doing CA this season, with it being my first time. Just wondering what the social aspect is like regarding partying and drinking etc? It isn't my priority, I'm just curious.

Also how much does it effect me that I'm 19 in an over 21 country.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I'm looking at doing CA this season, with it being my first time. Just wondering what the social aspect is like regarding partying and drinking etc? It isn't my priority, I'm just curious.

Also how much does it effect me that I'm 19 in an over 21 country.

If you are interested in partying & drinking then Camp America is not for you! Most evenings & nights are spent with the kids- often you'll be on call in case they wake up in the night. Alcohol is strictly forbidden on camps and I've heard of people being chucked out for coming back drunk.
Days off then its largely up to you, you'll find the largely the US is very strict about alcohol sales- don't go expecting to be served at all. If you do get served, then make sure it's not at all obvious that you've drunk alcohol when you get back to camp.
Original post by jelly1000
If you are interested in partying & drinking then Camp America is not for you! Most evenings & nights are spent with the kids- often you'll be on call in case they wake up in the night. Alcohol is strictly forbidden on camps and I've heard of people being chucked out for coming back drunk.
Days off then its largely up to you, you'll find the largely the US is very strict about alcohol sales- don't go expecting to be served at all. If you do get served, then make sure it's not at all obvious that you've drunk alcohol when you get back to camp.

Yeah, like I said in the OP, I'm not that bothered about it, in fact I'd probably prefer not doing it. I was just curious! Thanks:-)
Yeah, like I said in the OP, I'm not that bothered about it, in fact I'd probably prefer not doing it. I was just curious! Thanks:-)

Ah I misunderstood, thought you were saying it was a factor just not the most important.
Original post by jelly1000
Ah I misunderstood, thought you were saying it was a factor just not the most important.

Have you been before? Would you recommend it if so?
Have you been before? Would you recommend it if so?

I haven't no, but I know others who have. From what I've heard if you don't mind being around kids almost 24/7 then its rewarding but exhausting.
My friend who did a camp (don't think it was Camp America though) said it was a right shag fest. "One massive orgy" were her exact words.

Quick Reply

Latest