The Student Room Group

Loan declined ..

Wonder if Nyone can help

I applied for a student loan for a two year course at uni (PCET)

Just got letter saying declined as previous studied at equivalent level or the new qual if lower . I done my HNC in 2006 and this was paid part by me and part by a non repayable grant from my LEA

So is that it ? I can't study anymore unless I have a spare £4K to fund it myself
It doesn't matter how your HNC was funded.
Reply 2
Original post by Carren2114
Wonder if Nyone can help

I applied for a student loan for a two year course at uni (PCET)

Just got letter saying declined as previous studied at equivalent level or the new qual if lower . I done my HNC in 2006 and this was paid part by me and part by a non repayable grant from my LEA

So is that it ? I can't study anymore unless I have a spare £4K to fund it myself

I'm afraid that seems to be the case, yes.

As OU Student says, it's not about how previous study was funded.

Your entitlement to futher Student Finance in your case, is determined by what qualification you already have. Your HNC is deemed to be a Level 4 qualification, so you would now only get funding (and a limited amount, due to previous Level 4 study) for a Level 5 qualification or above.
if you studied an NHS course, (and possibly a few others I think) your previous study is ignored. But yes, in general, you can't get funding for the same level of study you already have. If you have an HNC, you can get funding for a top-up degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending