The Student Room Group

A level options

hi
I am not really sure on what A-levels to take but i want to become a psychiatrist .
I am planning to take biology,chemistry,maths and psychology. I am not sure if these subjects are too information dense. What are other options will be suitable for my situation.I am not good at english btw :smile:Thanks
Original post by yinyangggg
hi
I am not really sure on what A-levels to take but i want to become a psychiatrist .
I am planning to take biology,chemistry,maths and psychology. I am not sure if these subjects are too information dense. What are other options will be suitable for my situation.I am not good at english btw :smile:Thanks

Those would be perfect for that degree/job. However if you don't think you'll be able to cope with the workload maybe just do 3 of the 4 (drop Chem, perhaps?).

It will be a lot of hard work but if you're determined enough you'll get there :smile:
Original post by yinyangggg
hi

You will need to study medicine first, so your choices will have to maximise your chances of getting into that course. Those choices are fine, as long as you will get AAA in at least three of them. Chemistry is non-negotiable, and biology for most courses. The others, pick your best subjects.
Original post by emiloujess
Would she really have to do medicine? I thought Psychology because Psychiatry is about mental illnesses?

Psychiatry is a branch of medicine and you have to be a doctor to go into it. Psychology is fine as a choice for medicine. Don't mix up what psychologists and psychiatrists do.
Reply 4
Thank you guys !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest