The Student Room Group

Quitting a job after a few days ?

Im applying mainly in customer service roles, some are better than others and the interviews days are different, like I have one this week and another one next week. The one next week is better than the interview this week. So I dont want to take any chances so Im going for both I mean I dont know if im successful with either as of yet.

But if I do get the better job, I will quit but that means working at this place for like a few days. But like I said I dont know if I will get the job. Is it bad quitting this early ?
Reply 1
Original post by redleader1
Im applying mainly in customer service roles, some are better than others and the interviews days are different, like I have one this week and another one next week. The one next week is better than the interview this week. So I dont want to take any chances so Im going for both I mean I dont know if im successful with either as of yet.

But if I do get the better job, I will quit but that means working at this place for like a few days. But like I said I dont know if I will get the job. Is it bad quitting this early ?

Even if the interview is successful, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll start immediately. You'll have to wait a couple of days at least to find that information out, and even then there's probably an induction waiting for you.

Basically, I doubt you'd start the first one before your second interview :tongue:
Original post by Alexion
Even if the interview is successful, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll start immediately. You'll have to wait a couple of days at least to find that information out, and even then there's probably an induction waiting for you.

Basically, I doubt you'd start the first one before your second interview :tongue:

This
If, by chance, you do get given the job on spot, you can quit a few days later. My friend worked in a store for only a day before telling her manager she'd been offered a better job and wanted to leave and so she left. They can't stop you. However, they may wish for you to give them a weeks notice so you may have to work a weeks worth of shifts before you can leave. All depends on the manager.
Reply 4
Original post by Charl_1997
If, by chance, you do get given the job on spot, you can quit a few days later. My friend worked in a store for only a day before telling her manager she'd been offered a better job and wanted to leave and so she left. They can't stop you. However, they may wish for you to give them a weeks notice so you may have to work a weeks worth of shifts before you can leave. All depends on the manager.

I know I wont start straight away, however what I was saying i'll have interviews throughout the week and generally they take the same amount of time ie a few weeks, to get through assesment days, some quicker than others. But it may result in me working/training at one place and the other job rings a few days later says your succesful.Which may result in quiting one for a better job.
Reply 5
But the jobs im applying for are call centre based, I have an interview on monday and if im succesful they will have 6 weeks training. Would it look bad if I quit after that ? I mean HSBC told me their recruiting again after Xmas and I can apply then, the second time around I will be more confident as I know whats expected as I have obtained feedback. I would much rather work at HSBC as they offer a lot more.

What do you think ?
With extensive 2 week training, they're spending a lot of money on you so your notice period will probably a few weeks.
Reply 7
Original post by xgabrielc
With extensive 2 week training, they're spending a lot of money on you so your notice period will probably a few weeks.

2 week training ? Its 6 weeks.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending