The Student Room Group

Why is TSR so hostile?

First and foremost, I joined TSR for support with my A-levels and my faith.

Now, however, I'm beginning to find TSR has utterly worn me down. The sheer number of trolls on this site and the toxicity with which some of its members interact has led me to decide to leave this site for the sake of my own mental health (I'm sure quite a few people on here will shout hurrah since I don't think I exactly made myself popular)

I guess the main question I'm going to ask here is - why do human beings think it's OK to behave like this? I'm a member of a billion other debate forums (many of which poorly modded with large communities) and it never descends into this.

So why is TSR the exception to the rule?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
kore wa bakagateimasu
Original post by AnnieGakusei

Now, however, I'm beginning to find TSR has utterly worn me down. The sheer number of trolls on this site and the toxicity with which some of its members interact has led me to decide to leave this site for the sake of my own mental health (I'm sure quite a few people on here will shout hurrah since I don't think I exactly made myself popular)

I guess the main question I'm going to ask here is - why do human beings think it's OK to behave like this? I'm a member of a billion other debate forums (many of which poorly modded with large communities) and it never descends into this.

I agree with your views on lots of things, so you've got me aha :smile: and yeah, I agree, some people are honestly so hateful and small minded its disgusting. It's okay to disagree with people, but the way people go about it is vile
Original post by K.C
kore wa bakagateimasu

stfu.

It's not, welcome to humanity. Have a nice life.

o and, goodbye and thanks for all the fish

So what is your faith?

Are you an Anglican by any chance? :smile:
Your thread ain't going to make much of a difference anyway.
Escape whilst you're still in one piece :smile: people on tsr are just angry... over opinionated students :smile: but would anyone of them say these things in real life? probably not! I actually dont get annoyed by it anymore and find it funny :'] i think that means ive been initiated...

They probably behave like this because this is the place where they can feel superior to others, when in reality they are probably bullied at school and want to take their aggressiveness out on strangers.

I guess it happens everywhere. But this site is for 'students' which in most cases is someone who is not an 'adult' therefore you can kind of expect some juvenile behaviour. Dont let it cloud your view of the site though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnonymousForLife
Your thread ain't going to make much of a difference anyway.

I don't really care. It's the only way I can vent my anger at the site and some of the people who've driven me away.
Original post by william walker
So what is your faith?

Are you an Anglican by any chance? :smile:

Non-denominational Christian.

I see. Do you live in London? Do you know who Toonervoustotalk is? :smile:

Any chance you may become an Anglican? :redface:

This site has more exposure, so there are more knobheads around.

That said I've been known to troll a little from time to time, and have had a few interesting flame wars in the time I've been here.

However, TSR isn't the place to start questioning morality - that's like talking about politics at a Masonic Lodge - NOT WORTH IT.

As for you going - bye :wavey: I didn't know you, but if you're better off not here, you're better off not here. It's not my place to try and get you to stay. I'm sorry you feel that way though.

No, no and unlikely.

WTF? :laugh: what do you mean by 'non-denominational'?

Um, are you trying to convert everyone or what? :indiff:
Reply 16
Original post by Novascope
stfu.

why
Original post by Imperion
Um, are you trying to convert everyone or what? :indiff:

Just the females. :wink:
Just the females. :wink:

Oh wow, so ... TSR was a good idea? :indiff:
Original post by Imperion
Oh wow, so ... TSR was a good idea? :indiff:

What? Can you explain your sentence to me?

Quick Reply