The Student Room Group

What are two horror films from the 70s that can be compared?

Hi guys,

So out of two essay questions we have been given in our Film class, I decided to go with the one that would see me comparing two horror films from the 70s, in which I would talk about its themes and aesthetics.

I've come up with some ideas, such as 'The Exorcist' and 'The O Men' tackling religious beliefs. Or 'The O Men' and 'Rosemary's Baby', as many have said that the O Men is like a continuation of Rosemary's baby, who had birthed the devil's child.

All in all, I would HIGHLY appreciate if you guys could give me two films that you think would make a great fit in the 70s genre to compare. I'd be so grateful for your help.
Original post by mebemaurice
Hi guys,

So out of two essay questions we have been given in our Film class, I decided to go with the one that would see me comparing two horror films from the 70s, in which I would talk about its themes and aesthetics.

I've come up with some ideas, such as 'The Exorcist' and 'The O Men' tackling religious beliefs. Or 'The O Men' and 'Rosemary's Baby', as many have said that the O Men is like a continuation of Rosemary's baby, who had birthed the devil's child.

All in all, I would HIGHLY appreciate if you guys could give me two films that you think would make a great fit in the 70s genre to compare. I'd be so grateful for your help.

Rosemary's baby was '60s though

wondered what the other film was for a moment... it's 'The Omen' :wink: it's not about a group of 'O' men.

possibly you could compare a big budget film with a super low budget film like 'Texas chainsaw massacre' :unsure:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending