The Student Room Group

Girls, how would interact with a guy who was flirting with you if you had a boyfriend

I didn't know they had BFs when I was speaking to them, so I was really flirting with them, touching them, making them laugh and using my pick up line.

They both seemed really interested in what I was saying.

It's only at the point where they said "sorry but we're taken", that I gave up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I didn't know they had BFs when I was speaking to them, so I was really flirting with them, touching them, making them laugh and using my pick up line.
They both seemed really interested in what I was saying.
It's only at the point where they said "sorry but we're taken", that I gave up

Yeah, I'd probably just enjoy the attention :lol:

Wait a bit before slipping them the hint that I'm not available haha
Reply 2
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
Yeah, I'd probably just enjoy the attention :lol:

Wait a bit before slipping them the hint that I'm not available haha

So basically a slight "crush", but you don't want to pursue it.

I asked her for her number saying "Only if it doesn't work out with him" and she really did hesitate.
So basically a slight "crush", but you don't want to pursue it.

I asked her for her number saying "Only if it doesn't work out with him" and she really did hesitate.

Yeah, you don't wanna be doing that son :no:
Reply 4
Yeah, you don't wanna be doing that son :no:

Well I had nothing to lose really, and it was great feeling the sexual attraction.
Well I had nothing to lose really, and it was great feeling the sexual attraction.
The no. 1 way to kill off any chance of even a friendship - make someone feel insecure about their relationship. Nope.
Reply 6
The no. 1 way to kill off any chance of even a friendship - make someone feel insecure about their relationship. Nope.

Killing off a friendship? Ain't nobody got time for a friendship!
Killing off a friendship? Ain't nobody got time for a friendship!

Or anything else, in your case :/
I don't respond to advances of other men. Sometimes I just say thank you and my behaviour speaks for itself.
Reply 9
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
I don't respond to advances of other men. Sometimes I just say thank you and my behaviour speaks for itself.

So you react somewhat negatively to their approaches?

This girl seemed really positive, but obviously pulled the plug saying she has a boyfriend.

This girl seemed really positive, but obviously pulled the plug saying she has a boyfriend.

Yeah I do react negatively because I'm in a happy and committed relationship.

That girl is still taken regardless of her response but I also think she was happy to be flirted with. Maybe she's going through a rough patch, isn't happy in her relationship or likes the attention.

She liked the attention but isn't willing to leave her bf. Move on.
I would tell them I had a boyfriend, once their behaviour had become flirtatious. After all, they may just want to be friends.
Original post by GabbaStar
I would tell them I had a boyfriend, once their behaviour had become flirtatious. After all, they may just want to be friends.

OMG hahahahahahahahaha, "just want to be friends", please stop
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Yeah I do react negatively because I'm in a happy and committed relationship.

That girl is still taken regardless of her response but I also think she was happy to be flirted with. Maybe she's going through a rough patch, isn't happy in her relationship or likes the attention.

Oh for God's sake, are we under the Catholic Inquisition? We don't have to be unhappy or anything to like more than just one lover
Original post by Gears265
OMG hahahahahahahahaha, "just want to be friends", please stop

No. I meant if they are not being flirtatious I'll assume they just want to be friends but when they start being flirtatious I'll tell them I have a boyfriend.
Original post by RoyalMarine
Oh for God's sake, are we under the Catholic Inquisition? We don't have to be unhappy or anything to like more than just one lover

What is your problem? I only wrote what applies to me. You're not forced to agree.
I think it's rather rude and presumptive to blurt out "I have a boyfriend!" as soon as a guy starts talking to me, so usually I act in a friendly, but not flirty manner and then slip in a mention of my boyfriend if and when the moment presents itself.
Original post by Plumstone
I think it's rather rude and presumptive to blurt out "I have a boyfriend!" as soon as a guy starts talking to me, so usually I act in a friendly, but not flirty manner and then slip in a mention of my boyfriend if and when the moment presents itself.

Girls always 'coincidentally' mention their boyfriend in the first few mins that I talk to them and I don't even flirt haha
Girls always 'coincidentally' mention their boyfriend in the first few mins that I talk to them and I don't even flirt haha

👏🏿

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending