The Student Room Group

600 hours of work experience for PGdip nursing

no longer relevant
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by annaa2603
I'm hoping to apply for a PGdip nursing course in 2016. I'm currently in my second year of university studying biomedical science, I've also got a part time job on the weekend. All the universities providing the pgdip nursing course are asking for at least 575 hours of work experience. I literally don't know where to begin. I haven't got any relevant work experience in a healthcare profession. I don't want to take a year out after I graduate, neither do I want to do a placement year. So I'm hoping to do all my work experience before I apply next year.

What kind of work experience are universities looking for? I want to go into adult nursing.

If anyone has successfully got onto a PGdip nursing course can you please tell me how you managed to do 600 hours?

Can I do it all in one year whilst being in my second year of university and having a weekend job all at the same time?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

I am applying this year! I know this thread was from a while ago but did you manage to get a place on a nursing course and did you manage to find experience? If so what did you do?
Reply 2
She decided against Nursing, instead, applying for this: HMRC Tax Professional Graduate Programme.

Original post by Icefairy123
I am applying this year! I know this thread was from a while ago but did you manage to get a place on a nursing course and did you manage to find experience? If so what did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending