The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2016 / 17 FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Original post by millsasbc
Does anyone know when the 2016/17 applications will be open (i.e what month)?

I spoke to them on the phone the other day and they said the 29th of February

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by millsasbc
Does anyone know when the 2016/17 applications will be open (i.e what month)?

29th Feb x
Reply 22
Keep an eye on the website; but as far as I'm aware, the above posts are right.
Reply 23
Bit of a random question here, my course costs £12,250 a year not £9,000, will i still get a loan to cover this or???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by hollyrw
Bit of a random question here, my course costs £12,250 a year not £9,000, will i still get a loan to cover this or???

Posted from TSR Mobile

£9000 is the maximum tuition fee a state uni can charge per year. Are you going to a private uni? And is the price quoted a tuition fee or does it include other things too?

I've never come across this before.
Thanks very much :smile:
Hi, I have a question, I don't know if I qualify as a Uk student or not??? Because of my parents and family circumstances, I have an EU passport but I was born in England, currently live here, I've lived here on and off and I haven't lived full time in Europe for 5 years or so. I'd assumed I counted as a uk student and put that on my UCAS, but my fee assessment from Edinbrugh said I was an EU student? I've checked the website and it appears that EU students don't get maintenance loans. Would that apply to me and would it change if I were to obtain a British passport? Sorry for all the questions I'm just a bit confused
Reply 27
Hi, my name is Belen and I applied for Uni for the next starter year. My question is: Can I still get a loan with a single parent? If yes...How much that money will be (more or less)
Original post by BelenS
Hi, my name is Belen and I applied for Uni for the next starter year. My question is: Can I still get a loan with a single parent? If yes...How much that money will be (more or less)

depends how much they earn

google "student finance calculator" and go to the .gov.uk website.
Reply 29
Original post by BelenS

If you live with a single parent, they have to send evidence of this. The amount of loan you get is based on their household income.
Does student finance cover MEng for the full 4 years?
I've just transferred from the BSc of my course to the MEng and want to know if i'll still be funded the same.
Reply 31
Original post by 11battlek
Does student finance cover MEng for the full 4 years?
I've just transferred from the BSc of my course to the MEng and want to know if i'll still be funded the same.

Yes. Student finance will cover integrated masters.
I applied for finance for 16/17, but it still has the loan and grant instead of just the loan, when is it supposed to change?
Reply 33
Original post by riotofthedamned
I applied for finance for 16/17, but it still has the loan and grant instead of just the loan, when is it supposed to change?

Applications aren't open yet. Should open within the next week or two.
The website is down guys! So I assume it will be up either later today or tommorow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
2016/2017 applications are open now :h: I'm already filling mine in:smug:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
2016/2017 applications are open now :h: I'm already filling mine in:smug:

Same here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have a loan for e.g. £8000 but you only spend £6000, what happens to the £2000?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
If you have a loan for e.g. £8000 but you only spend £6000, what happens to the £2000?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They give you it all. It's your money then.
Reply 39
Original post by TrojanH
They give you it all. It's your money then.

Yes. Once the money hits your account, it's yours to do whatever you want with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending