The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2016 / 17 FAQ

Scroll to see replies

hey, i just tried to sign up for student finance but its telling me im already registere even though i haven't. what do i do?
Reply 61
The student finance website wasn't working for me using mozilla firefox, it kept saying my course and university didn't exist when I typed them in, and after about half an hour of trying to get it to find my course (which I checked it was the right code and everything), I switched to internet explorer and it worked first time.:frown:
So if anyone else has any troubles with it, try changing the internet browser, it doesn't work properly on all of them.
Can I change which uni I want finance for later on if I decide to change firms / adjustment?
Should I still apply for student finance even though I'm not certain if I'm going to uni? I think I'm going to reject my offer and either go through extra or clearing.
Original post by TrojanH
Can I change which uni I want finance for later on if I decide to change firms / adjustment?

Yes you can
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Should I still apply for student finance even though I'm not certain if I'm going to uni? I think I'm going to reject my offer and either go through extra or clearing.

100% changing your uni in student finance is super easy!
Original post by medwards16
hey, i just tried to sign up for student finance but its telling me im already registere even though i haven't. what do i do?

Try reset your password? Maybe your school has signed up for you
Reply 67
Student finance has asked me when my course ends date. It's a three year course for law at Nottingham Trent however I have double checked all resources I have (brochures, emails, everything) and they do not tell me the date. I've just put July 2019, does this date have to be exact or is the answer I have provided ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kyles414
Student finance has asked me when my course ends date. It's a three year course for law at Nottingham Trent however I have double checked all resources I have (brochures, emails, everything) and they do not tell me the date. I've just put July 2019, does this date have to be exact or is the answer I have provided ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe the uni will change it for you when they submit details anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Anyone know what is the minimum bursary a nhs nursing student can get or if there even is a minimum??
Original post by acontium
100% changing your uni in student finance is super easy!

But what if I end up not going to uni this year should I still apply for the finance? Btw thanks for answering and providing advice.
Hi, anyone know if it makes any difference if I put in my current bank details now and then change it to a new student bank account at a later date? I'm planning to get one but haven't sorted it yet but want to send my application ASAP!

Also does anyone know how the household income is assessed to receive more of a maintenance loan? Is it directly from income from work or are other things included e.g. Inheritance money?
Original post by medwards16

I'd ring them up. This happened to me a few years ago when I tried to apply first time around and the issue was there was someone with the same name and DOB as me that had already registered. Not sure if this is the case with you, but ringing is probably your best option if it still won't work.
Original post by charbizarre
Hi, anyone know if it makes any difference if I put in my current bank details now and then change it to a new student bank account at a later date? I'm planning to get one but haven't sorted it yet but want to send my application ASAP!

Also does anyone know how the household income is assessed to receive more of a maintenance loan? Is it directly from income from work or are other things included e.g. Inheritance money?

You can change your bank account details later, just be sure to do it before you expect any money to go on SFE so they put it into the correct account.

I believe it's directly from income, but can't be sure. It should ask for all that info when you fill out the form though.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
But what if I end up not going to uni this year should I still apply for the finance? Btw thanks for answering and providing advice.

Yes if you don't end up going you can easily cancel it :smile:
Original post by Katarvi
You can change your bank account details later, just be sure to do it before you expect any money to go on SFE so they put it into the correct account.

I believe it's directly from income, but can't be sure. It should ask for all that info when you fill out the form though.

Great, thank you! My parents are getting worried about sharing financial details with student finance so hopefully this will make them feel a little better!
Reply 76
Why is the interest rate so high? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSUCL
Why is the interest rate so high? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

RPI aha :smile:
Great, thank you! My parents are getting worried about sharing financial details with student finance so hopefully this will make them feel a little better!

My mum was really funny about it too the first time around, there was nothing to worry about though, I'm sure it will all be fine!
Reply 79

I had to change mine years ago. It's just enter old details and enter new details. So simple!

Quick Reply

Latest