The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2016 / 17 FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone looked into student accounts and figured out whats best? Im unsure who to bank with!
Original post by geeorgiaburton
Has anyone looked into student accounts and figured out whats best? Im unsure who to bank with!

santander

could also... google it.
Hey guys.

Once I have submitted my application, do I need you send the Student Finance Declaration via post straight away i.e. instead of waiting for confirmation that I am eligible and then sending it.

Thanks
Reply 83
Original post by blondelocks
Hey guys.

Once I have submitted my application, do I need you send the Student Finance Declaration via post straight away i.e. instead of waiting for confirmation that I am eligible and then sending it.

Thanks

Would personally send straight away. But it makes no difference.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Would personally send straight away. But it makes no difference.

This is what I thought given that the declaration form is not linked to specific numbers, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Hi is student finance applications open now for study starting September 16? I'm from the U.K. Currently living in NZ for a year but due back in the U.K. In May but every time I try to apply online it says the applications aren't open yet.

I have an offer to study primary PGCE and graduated from my undergraduate degree in July 2014 and am using the same login as advised but I feel I am getting no where with the application and don't want to wait until May to apply, anyone else in the same boat by any chance or know what I should do? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Ashleigh Harron
Hi is student finance applications open now for study starting September 16? I'm from the U.K. Currently living in NZ for a year but due back in the U.K. In May but every time I try to apply online it says the applications aren't open yet.

I have an offer to study primary PGCE and graduated from my undergraduate degree in July 2014 and am using the same login as advised but I feel I am getting no where with the application and don't want to wait until May to apply, anyone else in the same boat by any chance or know what I should do? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

UK applications are open now. I don't think overseas ones are.
UK applications are open now. I don't think overseas ones are.

It says my payments are scheduled and I just need to 'register with my uni'. How do I do that?
Reply 88
Original post by TrojanH
It says my payments are scheduled and I just need to 'register with my uni'. How do I do that?

You have to enrol with your uni. They have to confirm your attendance with student finance to get your payments released.

When I had to do this, we did this in freshers week. You had to take your letter from student finance which is scanned and then you're given your student ID.
]what if end up going to a different univeristy you put on your application? will it slow down how quick you get your money?
Original post by cathzeta10
]what if end up going to a different univeristy you put on your application? will it slow down how quick you get your money?

Not at all - it's very easy to change the details of the university you're attending.
Original post by PQ
Not at all - it's very easy to change the details of the university you're attending.

thanks for the reply. also i got a letter from student finance today confirming my application and they send along a decleration that i have to sign and an enevlope to post it. but when i was doing it online i printed off the form and send it already? should i do it again or...?
Original post by cathzeta10
thanks for the reply. also i got a letter from student finance today confirming my application and they send along a decleration that i have to sign and an enevlope to post it. but when i was doing it online i printed off the form and send it already? should i do it again or...?

Student Finance are pretty rubbish for losing forms. I'd say send it again just in case - it can't hurt.
You have to enrol with your uni. They have to confirm your attendance with student finance to get your payments released.

When I had to do this, we did this in freshers week. You had to take your letter from student finance which is scanned and then you're given your student ID.

Doesn't this mean I receive my student finance money AFTER I start uni, so I have to find the accomodation deposit etc. myself?
Reply 94
Original post by TrojanH
Doesn't this mean I receive my student finance money AFTER I start uni, so I have to find the accomodation deposit etc. myself?

I'm afraid so
Reply 95
What about foundation years where I transfer next year?
do i need to change my bank account i changed to a student additions account with barclays, im confused? :s-smilie:
Hi

Does any1 know how the childcare grant works. I need to calculate how much its guna cost and put it on the form and times when the cost may change. Also does any1 know if it covers uni holidays too?
Cheers
Was surprised to see I was awarded the maximum live at home Maintance Loan amount of £6,961.00. Anyone else awarded this and slightly worried about how much debt they will have accumulated come the end of uni?

I mean every last bit helps but it is a lot of money for living at home.
Original post by Owen123454
Was surprised to see I was awarded the maximum live at home Maintance Loan amount of £6,961.00. Anyone else awarded this and slightly worried about how much debt they will have accumulated come the end of uni?

I mean every last bit helps but it is a lot of money for living at home.

You got your offer already? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending