The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2016 / 17 FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else having problems with the online application? I've been getting the same error at the same point of the application and it's driving me nuts. Should I just delete it and start again? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460813013.952587.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
Is anyone else having problems with the online application? I've been getting the same error at the same point of the application and it's driving me nuts. Should I just delete it and start again? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460813013.952587.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because the error is unknown, have you tried things like using another browser?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Because the error is unknown, have you tried things like using another browser?

Yes, I have tried on my phone and 3 different computers on different browsers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just deleted it and started again and I got the same error at the same point. It's driving me mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
I just deleted it and started again and I got the same error at the same point. It's driving me mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fill in the paper forms instead!

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/apply-loans-grants/year-1617/new-student
Reply 165
My mum dosnt have a P60 but she has a Annual Tax Summary. Does that count?
Thanks in advance.
Do you have to be accessing the website from a computer in the UK for it to work?? I'm on my year abroad and need to apply for my finance for my final year (next year) but the webpage isn't loading at all for me :frown:
Hello :biggrin:

After applying to Student Finance Services and also receiving a letter from them, I noticed a mistake: it's the wrong college! (The right university, the wrong college/campus)

The thing is... I am 100% sure I wrote it correctly. And in fact, a friend of mine is also in the same trouble.

***wat do?***
Please help a poor, uneducated soon-to-be(-or-maybe....?) student with an infinitely kind piece of advice! :colondollar:
Original post by iunodora
Hello :biggrin:

After applying to Student Finance Services and also receiving a letter from them, I noticed a mistake: it's the wrong college! (The right university, the wrong college/campus)

The thing is... I am 100% sure I wrote it correctly. And in fact, a friend of mine is also in the same trouble.

***wat do?***
Please help a poor, uneducated soon-to-be(-or-maybe....?) student with an infinitely kind piece of advice! :colondollar:

You might be able to change it online? If not, you'll have to phone up. It's simple to do.
Reply 169
Hey!So I'm a continuing EU student and last month I got a letter from Student Finance saying that the only thing I would have to do in order to get my tuition fee loan is to send it back with my signature. A month later still no reply from them and I'm kind of worried ;( Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Hi.

The deadline is 27th May. My application is submitted. My parents still have to do their bit and send stuff off. SFE said it can take 6 weeks for processing which puts me well past the deadline. Is that 6 weeks separate from the deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Original post by Zuzuvela
Hi.

The deadline is 27th May. My application is submitted. My parents still have to do their bit and send stuff off. SFE said it can take 6 weeks for processing which puts me well past the deadline. Is that 6 weeks separate from the deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I think you have to send your stuff before the deadline, but the parents part can be after
Original post by AR_95
Nah I think you have to send your stuff before the deadline, but the parents part can be after

Thanks. Also what's the protocol if one parent doesn't want to support the application, even though I live with both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I litterally just applied right now, have i shot myself in the foot? have i left it too late?
Original post by captin_lanky
I litterally just applied right now, have i shot myself in the foot? have i left it too late?

You should be fine:smile:
Original post by claireestelle
You should be fine:smile:

Jheeze, that was a super quick reply, thanks! :biggrin:
Is the 27th of May deadline the day we need to send it by or the day they should have completed our application. Is it fine if I send my application and my parents tomorrow?
Original post by particlestudent
Is the 27th of May deadline the day we need to send it by or the day they should have completed our application. Is it fine if I send my application and my parents tomorrow?

If you send it by the 27th, then your money will be ready by the time you start in September. You can apply for finance up to 9 months after your course starts.
Hi there,

For anyone who is a current offer with London Met and needs help with your student finance application we have a workshop to help, one tomorrow (18/5/2016) and one next Wednesday (25/5/2016).

Let us know if you have any questions or need anymore info.

Kyle :h:
Reply 179
Do you have to apply separately each year? My parents say they're happy to pay my accommodation costs for year 1, which meansI don't need a maintainance grant that year, but do need it in other ones - at the moment because my application is only for the first year, it hasn't asked me for any financial info on account of me not asking for maintainance loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending