The Student Room Group

Why do people assume life is all about 'building a family'

Life is all about getting a good education and a good career, and working your way to the top... Living for the good things in life.

Why do most people seem to think life is all about having children and marriage? Having children holds you back, and marriage can as well.

In my opinion, your partner can leave you at any given moment, but your career and education can back you up for life. I'd rather do well and be single, than be tied down in a relationship were I'm missing out on opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Continue the bloodline.
Some might see their children as their legacy.

Btw you don't have to be single to enjoy your life.
Children + Family + Education = Squad goals. :biggrin:
"Living for the good things in life."

For some people, children and a happy marriage are living the good things in life :smile:

And, good relationships don't tie you down - they enrich you. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Life is whatever you want it to be. Some people want only marriage and a family, others want only a career and many want both.

In certain cases one can hold you back from the other, but as a whole both are desirable and achievable.
Original post by elliemayxo
Life is all about getting a good education and a good career, and working your way to the top... Living for the good things in life.

Why do most people seem to think life is all about having children and marriage? Having children holds you back, and marriage can as well.

In my opinion, your partner can leave you at any given moment, but your career and education can back you up for life. I'd rather do well and be single, than be tied down in a relationship were I'm missing out on opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

totally agree :h:
Reply 5
You could die tomorrow and have spent your life working towards retirement, and never reap the benefits.

Ultimately, do what you enjoy before you can't any more.
Because human nature tells them that and they never question it.
Reply 7
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Life is whatever you want it to be. Some people want only marriage and a family, others want only a career and many want both.

In certain cases one can hold you back from the other, but as a whole both are desirable and achievable.

In my opinion, a non-committed life where I have to rely on a man or have to support children would be the more desirable option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by CoolCavy
totally agree :h:

I knew you would !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your life is a story and I want to create a story I'd be proud to tell my grandkids or nieces and nephews. I want my life to be as exciting and fun as possible. I don't want the synopsis to be 9-5 in an office then sleep then dead. haha

editted all the ****ty grammar lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Life is all about

It's almost like finishing that sentence is a matter of an opinion rather than objective fact.
ok.
Its what you were designed to do. You may fight it or simply have weak instincts but society is build around satisfying the human desire to breed.
Original post by Rakas21
Its what you were designed to do. You may fight it or simply have weak instincts but society is build around satisfying the human desire to breed.

Completely disagree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is quite ironic. Its very simple to turn around and tell you life is bot all about education work etc. Just like you have the audacity to criticise others life decisions
Life is all about getting a good education

Well ****.
In my opinion, a non-committed life where I have to rely on a man or have to support children would be the more desirable option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A non committed life where you have to rely on a man and support children?

You mean where you don't have to!

Well life is whatever you want it to be! If that's your ideal life then go for it.

Personally, I want my education, a good career and still get married and have children. And of course, the former would end up meaning there is no need to rely on a man for money, I would be earning a satisfying amount all on my own.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
A non committed life where you have to rely on a man and support children?

You mean where you don't have to!

Well life is whatever you want it to be! If that's your ideal life then go for it.

Personally, I want my education, a good career and still get married and have children. And of course, the former would end up meaning there is no need to rely on a man for money, I would be earning a satisfying amount all on my own.

I just don't see what's appealing about marriage and having children. It baffles me. But whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the point in having a good education and career?

Does that mean you can't have a good life unless you're education?
Original post by Inexorably
This thread is quite ironic. Its very simple to turn around and tell you life is bot all about education work etc. Just like you have the audacity to criticise others life decisions

Not once have I criticised other people's life decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest