The Student Room Group

URGENT PLEASE HELP -BIODIVERSITY Q's

Anyone that does OCR AS/A level Biology (or even AQA or Edexcel) I have three urgent questions on biodiversity!!
1) Why would a field that was grazed absorb less water than a field that was mowed?
2) What is the difference between a field shaded by trees and one not shaded?(if the answer is grass,why is that?)
3)In a table showing 10 coordinates and a value fpr species richness for eaxh obtained by sampling (e.g at coordinates 3,9 species richness is 5, so 5 different species inthat quadrat) WHY are the mean results (so all 10 species richness values divided by 10) NOT reliable??

Thank so so much!!
If you only know one answer that's fine!
Reply 1
Anyone?? Please I really need helpp
For question 2 I would put that in the unshaded field sunlight is more acessible to shorter and smaller life like grass so it will be more abundant than in a field where tall trees get to steal most of the sunlight.
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for replying:smile: do you know tue answer for question 1 too? It's the one I'm struggling the most as it is 3 marks.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that when u cut grass water is lost from from the grass
Makes sense since you are slicing the cells but I couldn't really give u any more info as I'm not sure :smile:
Reply 5
Alright thank you anyway :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest