The Student Room Group

Medicinal chemsitry and politics?

I love medicine and I've wanted to be a doctor since I was 12. This I year I'm applying to medicine universities and a medicinal chemistry and politics joint honours degree as my back up. Is this a good option or will it be seen as a lower level degree as compared to biomedical sciences or biochemistry?
Original post by cicilyvontes
I love medicine and I've wanted to be a doctor since I was 12. This I year I'm applying to medicine universities and a medicinal chemistry and politics joint honours degree as my back up. Is this a good option or will it be seen as a lower level degree as compared to biomedical sciences or biochemistry?

Hi, I am also a hopeful medic applying for medicinal chemistry as my back up. I am a gap year student and last year, I applied for biomedical sciences at UCL as my 5th, I loved the university but I felt biomed isn't something I would want to do for 3 years of my life. Therefore, I would advise you to apply to a course which you can see yourself enjoying for the next 3/4 years. (or one which will allow you to transfer into medicine half way through :colone:)

Quick Reply

Latest