The Student Room Group

german speaking exam help REVISION

what do you do to revise for a german speaking exam as i have loads to remember (2pages) any useful tips? ASAP thanks
Original post by amyjanee15
what do you do to revise for a german speaking exam as i have loads to remember (2pages) any useful tips? ASAP thanks

Whenever I had to revise a speech for my German GCSE, I used to revise by learning it sentence by sentence. For example, I'd learn the first sentence, then the second, then make sure I could say them both one after the other, then the third, then make sure I could say them one after the other, without getting stuck, and so on until I'd learned it all.

Also, if you're allowed to take in written prompts, I recommend choosing one or two words from each sentence (such as the first word of the sentence, and another word from the sentence), and writing them in a list in the order they appear in the speech. This is helpful as you can use the words to boost your memory if you get stuck, and you can also write down any tricky words if you find that you always forget them so that you are less likely to go blank in the exam.

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Whenever I had to revise a speech for my German GCSE, I used to revise by learning it sentence by sentence. For example, I'd learn the first sentence, then the second, then make sure I could say them both one after the other, then the third, then make sure I could say them one after the other, without getting stuck, and so on until I'd learned it all.

Also, if you're allowed to take in written prompts, I recommend choosing one or two words from each sentence (such as the first word of the sentence, and another word from the sentence), and writing them in a list in the order they appear in the speech. This is helpful as you can use the words to boost your memory if you get stuck, and you can also write down any tricky words if you find that you always forget them so that you are less likely to go blank in the exam.

Good luck! :smile:

thank you! anyway to revise with colour as im more likely to remember it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending