The Student Room Group

Student finance

So obviously in July this year the rules about student maintenance grants were changed, meaning you can only take out loans.. right?
HOWEVER some uni websites are still advertising about maintenance grants, I don't know whether im wrong or the websites are wrong haha! Someone please explain the whole student finance thing im so confused :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by lucy7kb
So obviously in July this year the rules about student maintenance grants were changed, meaning you can only take out loans.. right?

Wrong.

HOWEVER some uni websites are still advertising about maintenance grants, I don't know whether im wrong or the websites are wrong haha! Someone please explain the whole student finance thing im so confused :s-smilie:

Loans-only starts from next September's intake in 2016, so those with courses starting before then can still be assessed for the Student Finance Maintenance Grant.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Wrong.

Loans-only starts from next September's intake in 2016, so those with courses starting before then can still be assessed for the Student Finance Maintenance Grant.

So as I will be starting in September 2016, that will be the case?
Original post by lucy7kb
So as I will be starting in September 2016, that will be the case?

Yes. Students starting in Septmeber 2016 will be only able to receieve loans. (plus bursaries and scholarships from their uni, depending on household income) I will be posting an FAQ closer to the time when applications open. (ie, start of the year)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending