Scroll to see replies

Original post by saxsan4
ive been called:

''A pervert''
''you should hang yourself''
''Discussing paedophile''
''Going against 'Allah' and should be stoned''

just some of the things said by British Muslims who were not extremists

This is a minority of people, and doesn't represent Muslims as a whole. It's a shame you've experienced this but being called a pervert, hang yourself, and a pedo doesnt make them extremists. Telling you you should be stoned, however, is an extreme view.
no

OK so that would be 80% rather than 90% and it counts everyone whos not Syrian as economic. It also suggests you can't be a refugee if your country isn't at war. That article has more holes in it's logic than a sieve.
Reply 23
Original post by midgemeister7
Absolutely yes. We have the room to take many more and it is our duty to do our bit and help out.

where is the room?

why not help the 9,000 homeless veterans first!?

How is it our duty? they are not British Citizens
Reply 24
Original post by chantalc
This is a minority of people, and doesn't represent Muslims as a whole. It's a shame you've experienced this but being called a pervert, hang yourself, and a pedo doesnt make them extremists. Telling you you should be stoned, however, is an extreme view.

saying i should be hanged is an extreme point of view
Original post by saxsan4
saying i should be hanged is an extreme point of view

I meant in a religious extreme way. You're missing the point though, not every Muslim in an extremist.
Reply 26
I meant in a religious extreme way. You're missing the point though, not every Muslim in an extremist.

They don have to be an extremist for them to be horrible people
Original post by saxsan4

Thats down to the individual, not their religion
Original post by saxsan4
where is the room?

why not help the 9,000 homeless veterans first!?

How is it our duty? they are not British Citizens

Using some of the 93.2% of land that is not currently built on

That's a separate issue, although I do believe that all homeless people should be helped - having served in the armed forces does not make one person more important than another homeless person.

It's our duty as human beings, and also as a member of the EU.

Original post by saxsan4

Methinks if they were friendly ol' westerners (Americans maybe?) who needed help you wouldn't have a problem.
Reply 29
Thats down to the individual, not their religion

there religion is of hate
Yes - these people are having their lives torn apart by war, giving them a place where they can try to rebuild their lives is the least we can do. We are all of the same human race.
Original post by saxsan4

Give me some evidence on this pls. It seems like you're being hateful
Reply 32
Original post by midgemeister7
Using some of the 93.2% of land that is not currently built on

That's a separate issue, although I do believe that all homeless people should be helped - having served in the armed forces does not make one person more important than another homeless person.

It's our duty as human beings, and also as a member of the EU.

Methinks if they were friendly ol' westerners (Americans maybe?) who needed help you wouldn't have a problem.

yes because they would fit into society and bring skill needed and we can have a cohesive society, the Syrians would be better placed in countries with similar cultures.
Original post by saxsan4
yes because they would fit into society and bring skill needed and we can have a cohesive society, the Syrians would be better placed in countries with similar cultures.

Culture shouldn't affect being a decent human being
Original post by saxsan4

How?
Reply 35
Nope. The UK has been the second largest contributor to aid and has already sent £1 billion in aid to improve life in the camps so that asylum seekers do not need make that dangerous trek across Europe. As far as I'm concerned the UK has already done enough and we should start to concentrate more on our economy and NHS so that loony lefty "activists" don't start ranting and spitting on people again.
Original post by saxsan4

There we go, you mask your xenophobia with false claims.

The reality is the countries that may have similar 'societies' are currently overwhelmed with refugees - Jordan has taken around 1.5 million if I recall correctly with a population of not much more than that. We therefore have a duty to share the burden. I would also wager that Syrians coming here would work a damn sight harder and more productively than many Brits.
Original post by saxsan4

Not really, you may think that Islam created IS and other extremist groups, but actually all the reasonable Muslim people see them as extremists as well and what those radicals do is against the aforementioned religion! Muslim=/=Terrorist, otherwise IRA would have been muslims as well.

But still, we are not ready to even support our own citizens in need, we can't accept more. (Especially because how aggressive some of them are, just look at Hungary).
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone who is saying that we shouldn't take more refugees is guilty of "I'm more important than you syndrome". The words that are used to describe refugees as migrants and asylum seekers is just a way to distracted from what they really are: PEOPLE fleeing from terror and war. You must have all been reading about whats happening and thought about how awful, people are being assassinated, beheaded, crucified, how can you think thats not right and yet not be willing to help the poor people who are fleeing it. When did we become a country that stopped caring about individual people?

Also there are a lot of countries who are taking more people than us.

Did you know this is the same kind of thing that was said about Jews feeling in WWII? in fact there is a daily mail headline from back then that is almost identical to one that was run recently. Even when we had half the people living in the country everyone still said there was no room, well there was space then and there's space now, and if there isn't we'll make it.
Original post by United1892
We can take over 200,000 EU migrants in a year but we can't take more than 20,000 refugees. That's brilliant.

Well at least we know who the EU migrants are as opposed to the other migrants.

Quick Reply

Latest