The Student Room Group

My girlfriend attacked me while I was driving, what should I do?

Well basically we have a child and our relation of two years (our daughter is almost 12 months) is rocky to say the least, thus far no one has cheated to my knowledge although I often get accused of it. Anyway, we decided to buy a car and we agreed she would pay £500 toward the insurance, things are going okay. Weeks later (now) we have a row, she says she isn't paying any more toward the car we both wanted, she still owes around £250, at this point I am livid, I tell her I'm pulling over and she can walk home, since I am left with the debt as it is in my name. I turn onto a side street and starting making a three point turn, she grabs my face and scrams me, drawing blood in the process. Obviously I wasn't crying because it hurt but I was infuriated at her for one doing this in front of child who was in car, two potentially damaging the car which would further cost me more by increasing my insurance, and lastly potentially involving others by damaging their property.

I am seriously considering calling the police but am unsure whether it would worth it, at this point we are over and I know she will make it difficult for me to see my daughter, I will most likely miss her first party out of spite.

In the end I left her there, I did drive off, but quickly returned, she was more concerned with her phone as I offered to take her home, at this point I had enough and left.

Should I involve the police, it is teach her a lesson, I mean I am no angel nor do I pretend to be, I shout and have broken things but this has topped it.

Original post by Anonymous
Well basically we have a child and our relation of two years (our daughter is almost 12 months) is rocky to say the least, thus far no one has cheated to my knowledge although I often get accused of it. Anyway, we decided to buy a car and we agreed she would pay £500 toward the insurance, things are going okay. Weeks later (now) we have a row, she says she isn't paying any more toward the car we both wanted, she still owes around £250, at this point I am livid, I tell her I'm pulling over and she can walk home, since I am left with the debt as it is in my name. I turn onto a side street and starting making a three point turn, she grabs my face and scrams me, drawing blood in the process. Obviously I wasn't crying because it hurt but I was infuriated at her for one doing this in front of child who was in car, two potentially damaging the car which would further cost me more by increasing my insurance, and lastly potentially involving others by damaging their property.

I am seriously considering calling the police but am unsure whether it would worth it, at this point we are over and I know she will make it difficult for me to see my daughter, I will most likely miss her first party out of spite.

In the end I left her there, I did drive off, but quickly returned, she was more concerned with her phone as I offered to take her home, at this point I had enough and left.

Should I involve the police, it is teach her a lesson, I mean I am no angel nor do I pretend to be, I shout and have broken things but this has topped it.

I would because you would be able to get custody of your child easier if she is shown to be a violent and unstable character.
Reply 2
I would because you would be able to get custody of your child easier if she is shown to be a violent and unstable character.

Right. And no need to use your kid as a weapon for your issues with your partner :rolleyes:.

Don't report her! You were legit going to make the mother of your child walk home for talking back. Weird.
A) what a bitch

B) glad you broke up with her

C) if this was reverse roles and a guy cut a girl, it'd go straight the police so why not the other way round?

Ultimately it's your choice, but you need to think about how potentially reporting her will affect how often (if at all) you see your child, it may help your defence for custody but if you can resolve this without legal action it may be better for all three of you.

Maybe you should speak to her and see how she acts and then decide if you want to report it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Attack her while she's cooking,
Payback's a b**** :ahee:

Spoiler

anyway talk it out. If she doesn't listen well you should know her well enough to calm her down

If you are a heartless butthole then go on and involve the popo.
Just know chaos will eat ya :colone:
Sounds like she isn't someone who can be reasoned with :afraid: get the PoPo in on the action...
Reply 6
Original post by Apii
You were legit going to make the mother of your child walk home for talking back. Weird.

No I was 'legit going to make the mother of your child walk home' for refusing to pay what she owes, leaving me in debt.. I'm not a taxi.
Reply 7
Definitely involve the police because to do that while you're driving is highly dangerous and as a result she endangered not just her life ( if she even gave a damn ) but also put you and your childs life in danger and frankly she is out of order.

I alo recommend you dump her because to do that in front of the little 1 is also out of order and could also influence his/her behaviour later on in life.

Go for custody op.
jeremy kyle the sheet out of that kray kray beach
What a dumb bitch. You could have hit an innocent person. Complete lack of reasoning. Judgement should be harsh for her.
Reply 11
Keep the photo for evidence.
I think you should report her but what do you think you would gain out of reporting her? has it affected you that much that she grabbed your face or are you doing it out of spite?. Maybe you just shouldn't be in this relationship, especially not around a child.

I think the minute someone lays their hands on you is the minute they've lost total respect for you. The grab to the face will probably be a slap next time, then a punch and so on and so on.
If she did that whilst you were driving with your child in the backseat then she is clearly somewhat unfit to be a mother if she allows an argument to potentially endanger the life of her child.

Go to the police, work for custody, use this incident (and hopefully more if you have it!) as evidence. I wouldn't want my child growing up in that kind of environment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending