The Student Room Group

I was walking down the street and girls in a passing car whistled at me

Hello.
I don't really know why I'm posting this, I'm not trying to brag or anything lol, I guess I would like some advice in case this happens again so that I have a better idea of what I should do.

Okay. I parked my car in a side street and began walking into town centre as I needed to buy some Hay and rabbit food for my pet rabbits, so I was walking facing oncoming traffic, a car full of young pretty girls was emerging out of a street trying to emerge onto main road. The car was blocking my path so I proceeded to walk around the vehicle. Suddenly one of the girls wolf whistled at me and I almost had a heart attack as I suffer from very bad anxiety and it was so sudden and I wasn'expecting girls to whistle at me.
Then I started shaking so bad and my lips were trembling and I felt like I was going to cry ,everything was spinning, everything started feeling hazy, I felt too anxious to proceed with my journey to the pet shop, so I walked back to my car, it was only a 3 minute walk back but it felt like an hour. I felt like I was going to collapse or faint or something during the walk back.
I later ended up going to an ASDA store to get my rabbit supplies.

Why do girls feel the need to whistle at people in the street, they may find it a bit of fun but the person that they target will be struck by severe anxiety from the shock of it all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Happy as punch
Hello.
I don't really know why I'm posting this, I'm not trying to brag or anything lol, I guess I would like some advice in case this happens again so that I have a better idea of what I should do.

Okay. I parked my car in a side street and began walking into town centre as I needed to buy some Hay and rabbit food for my pet rabbits, so I was walking facing oncoming traffic, a car full of young pretty girls was emerging out of a street trying to emerge onto main road. The car was blocking my path so I proceeded to walk around the vehicle. Suddenly one of the girls wolf whistled at me and I almost had a heart attack as I suffer from very bad anxiety and it was so sudden and I wasn'expecting girls to whistle at me.
Then I started shaking so bad and my lips were trembling and I felt like I was going to cry ,everything was spinning, everything started feeling hazy, I felt too anxious to proceed with my journey to the pet shop, so I walked back to my car, it was only a 3 minute walk back but it felt like an hour. I felt like I was going to collapse or faint or something during the walk back.

Why do girls feel the need to whistle at people in the street, they may find it a bit of fun but the person that they target will be struck by severe anxiety from the shock of it all

she must have thought you were cute take it as a compliment. next time it happens just act casual and smile at the girl or give her a wink. something like that anyway xx
Hahahahahahhaha
go all hulk on her,
Original post by candycaneland500
she must have thought you were cute take it as a compliment. next time it happens just act casual and smile at the girl or give her a wink. something like that anyway xx

Let's hope I don't have a heart attack if it does happen again
Damn OP that's terrible, being treated like a piece of meat IMO, glad you're okay. In future you could film yourself walking down the street in-case it happens again and upload to Youtube.
Reply 6
:rofl:
You must be Happy as punch.
Reply 8
What
Those savages :angry:
LOL
its their biological instinct, take it as a compliment
Reply 12
lol if it was a guy wolf whistling and OP was a girl y'all would be like "TAKE HIM TO COURT"

no but for real, idk if you can do much tbh

tell them off if they do it, it's what i would do

sorry if i wasn't of any help :s-smilie:

good luck :biggrin:
You should have said something to her like 'Hands off the merchandise!'
Hello.

I am sooo sorry to hear this. You are very brave for speaking out. This form of rape is perpetuated by the Matriarchy and its insidious undertones besiege us all who have to go through it every day.
Sue them for verbal rape
I'd start a campaign and try to ban the word bossy if I were you.
Original post by InternetGangster
You should have said something to her like 'Hands off the merchandise!'

Reply 18
Original post by Betelgeuse-

Will :biggrin:
Hello.

Happened to me but I don't have anxiety so it must have been worse for you than for me... it happens, were human after all :/

Quick Reply

Latest