The Student Room Group

broken ribs and wrist

Anyone broken their ribs or wrist, how, how long till it healed, were you given an x -ray, were you given any painkillers?

I've broken my ribs and wrist but was not given an x ray and was told to just take paracetamol.
With ribs last time i checked there's nothing they can do about it because it's inside your body.

I got a cast for my broken wrist and painkillers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
With ribs last time i checked there's nothing they can do about it because it's inside your body.

I got a cast for my broken wrist and painkillers. Before i got the cast in between them interpreting the x rays i got a removable cast thing.
I got several x rays 2/3.

It took 6 weeks to heal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doctor_2_be
Anyone broken their ribs or wrist, how, how long till it healed, were you given an x -ray, were you given any painkillers?

I've broken my ribs and wrist but was not given an x ray and was told to just take paracetamol.

How do you know they're broken if you haven't had an x-ray?
Original post by Etomidate

Pain?
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Pain?

Are sprains not painful?
Are sprains not painful?

sprains are painful
sprains are painful

So pain doesn't distinguish a break from a sprain, then? Which brings me back to the original question.
So pain doesn't distinguish a break from a sprain, then? Which brings me back to the original question.

How do you know that you have broken your ribs?

The answer is in one of Etomidate's previous posts.

With an x-ray (although plain film isn't particularly great at detecting rib fractures).
Are sprains not painful?

Can take over a year before you regain the strength to do all the things you could do before you sprained your wrist.

(source: sprained both wrists)
Original post by ChickenMadness

(source: sprained both wrists)

Should probs get a girlfriend, m8.

Spoiler

for the ribs the doc listened with her stethoscope and said they are most likely to be broken + plus ribcage area is covered in bruises and it hurts like hell to breath forget anything else. also was told treatment is the same for bruised/fractured/broken ribs

As for the wrist, you could tell, have both broken and sprained my wrist b4, was given a cast.

Quick Reply

Latest