The Student Room Group

Best Non Russel group unis for Geography and Environ. Sci

what are the best university's that aren't russel group uni's for Geography or environmental science?
University of East Anglia perhaps? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by p.formanko
University of East Anglia perhaps? :smile:

Thank you very much, i have considered UEA!
Reply 3
Where have you considered so far ? are there any unis that you're definitely applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by CLGC98
Where have you considered so far ? are there any unis that you're definitely applying to?

I am applying to Edinburgh, York, Bristol, Birmingham and i just need another choice, an insurance choice with perhaps BBB as entry
Reply 5
Original post by bethhp
I am applying to Edinburgh, York, Bristol, Birmingham and i just need another choice, an insurance choice with perhaps BBB as entry

Is that for geography or env sci??
Reply 6
reading, uea, keele, queen mary, coventry, plymouth, oxford brookes are some that come to mind
Reply 7
Original post by CLGC98
reading, uea, keele, queen mary, coventry, plymouth, oxford brookes are some that come to mind

Thank you very much!! I am looking into Reading!
Reply 8
Original post by CLGC98
Is that for geography or env sci??

I have applied for Geography at Edinburghl, bristol and birmingham, York is envrionmental Geography
Original post by bethhp
what are the best university's that aren't russel group uni's for Geography or environmental science?

Hi Beth,

I'm currently studying geography and I am in my second year and I can definitely recommend the course and the lifestyle at Reading.

In the first year I had the opportunity to do physical modules such as hydrology in which we carried out a practical on our lake on campus, which was great because I got to wear my wellies, geomorphology, and environmental issues. I also did human modules, which introduced the key themes of space and place, and social, economic and political geographies. The course has lots of optional modules to choose from so you can find lots of modules that will interest you.

I am also going to Crete just after Easter for my field class, which is very exciting, but some of my friends are going to Berlin, Spain and Naples for theirs.

Here is the link for Geography at Reading https://www.reading.ac.uk/geographyandenvironmentalscience/Undergraduate/ges-ug-human-physical-geography.aspx

I hope this has been helpful, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geography
Reply 10
Original post by UniofReading
Hi Beth,

I'm currently studying geography and I am in my second year and I can definitely recommend the course and the lifestyle at Reading.

In the first year I had the opportunity to do physical modules such as hydrology in which we carried out a practical on our lake on campus, which was great because I got to wear my wellies, geomorphology, and environmental issues. I also did human modules, which introduced the key themes of space and place, and social, economic and political geographies. The course has lots of optional modules to choose from so you can find lots of modules that will interest you.

I am also going to Crete just after Easter for my field class, which is very exciting, but some of my friends are going to Berlin, Spain and Naples for theirs.

Here is the link for Geography at Reading https://www.reading.ac.uk/geographyandenvironmentalscience/Undergraduate/ges-ug-human-physical-geography.aspx

I hope this has been helpful, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

2nd Year Human and Physical Geography

Ah than you so much Emma that's really helpful, I really like the look of it! May i ask what offer you recieved and what grades you got?
Original post by bethhp
Ah than you so much Emma that's really helpful, I really like the look of it! May i ask what offer you recieved and what grades you got?

Yeah it is a really good course, and I'm really enjoying it. So I was offered ABB. I actually got A in Geography, B in Psychology and a C in Biology, so I did drop a grade.
The admissions department will look at your personal statement and also what other people get when deciding. If you are concerned or want some more information, you could contact admissions. Here is the website with the email addresses http://www.reading.ac.uk/geographyandenvironmentalscience/Undergraduate/entry-requirements/ges-ug-entry-requirements.aspx

Hopefully that has helped and feel free to ask any questions, which you may think of.

2nd year Human and Physical Geography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending