The Student Room Group

thoughts on segways being illegal?

:h:
now that it's illegal what are you going to with them? i mean to only ride them at home is pretty shet
(edited 8 years ago)
I guess they'll just have to walk. Why are they illegal?
I'm glad. Not only are they bloody annoying but they are dangerous - there's loads of idiots riding round on them where I work in Elephant and Castle, aka around a massive, busy subway roundabout thing and they can't balance properly! If you're out riding them near roads and stuff without any kind of regulation checking that you are actually capable of balancing the thing it's potentially very dangerous.

I have to admit I don't care that much about the danger - it's not me it would be affecting - I just hate them because they are so hideous, they take up loads of space, and the people on them expect you to move out of their way when they're taking up the whole pavement. But yeah...danger
Reply 3
How am I gonna play Happy Wheels if we ban the segways?? Huh

Think about the Segway Guy :bawling:
Think about Paul Blart :bawling:
Rude Tube

Where will we get our comedy from?? :stupido3:
Don't care because I can't afford one anyway.

If I could afford one I would be pissed off though.
Just a bit annoyed since I was thinking about getting one. They seem really cool:o:o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by howtobealady
:h:
now that it's illegal what are you going to with them? i mean to only ride them at home is pretty shet

Oh no, seems like people are going to have to continue to use their legs... :facepalm2:

Original post by LeyK
How am I gonna play Happy Wheels if we ban the segways?? Huh
Think about the Segway Guy :bawling:

Not Segway Steve! :cry2:
The ghettoest toy, hate them.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
The ghettoest toy, hate them.

Okay I'm confused.
How is it the ghettoest toy?
:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
Okay I'm confused.
How is it the ghettoest toy?
:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like when people affiliate chavs with mopeds, BMX bikes, and ATVs. If you lived where I live the people who use them and how they use them and when they use them...and where (down the aisles of supermarket, etc) it has put me off them.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
It's like when people affiliate chavs with mopeds, BMX bikes, and ATVs. If you lived where I live the people who use them and how they use them and when they use them...and where (down the aisles of supermarket, etc) it has put me off them.

Ahh, I get what you mean:yep:
You gotta admit, affiliations aside they're pretty cool:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
Ahh, I get what you mean:yep:
You gotta admit, affiliations aside they're pretty cool:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

=\ They remind me of big bright ripsticks...
Harry and Simon will be upset. Poor guys.
oh god, my only mode of transport, what ever will I use now?
it's looks cool but i would never spend around Β£300 for one

Quick Reply

Latest