The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance?

Hi, I'm a 19 year old boy wanting to peruse a career as a nurse however I think my chances of being accepted onto a nursing degree are slim...

I am going to enrol onto an access to nursing course at college however I'm unsure as to wether this course is taken seriously by universities. I also have no experience working in this field.

Would an access course student with no experience even be considered ?

Thank you
Original post by Huji-11
Hi, I'm a 19 year old boy wanting to peruse a career as a nurse however I think my chances of being accepted onto a nursing degree are slim...

I am going to enrol onto an access to nursing course at college however I'm unsure as to wether this course is taken seriously by universities. I also have no experience working in this field.

Would an access course student with no experience even be considered ?

Thank you

Of course they would take you seriously on the grounds of your gender - no experience itself may be somewhat of an issue, though. Which branch are you applying for out of curiosity?
Reply 2
Original post by bigsmoke
Of course they would take you seriously on the grounds of your gender - no experience itself may be somewhat of an issue, though. Which branch are you applying for out of curiosity?

Adult nursing :smile:
Original post by Huji-11
Adult nursing :smile:

I can't imagine you being turned down due to your gender - there are plenty of places in Adult Nursing!
There's plenty of male nurses and it's becoming increasingly common. An access course is a good route in though you will need something to put on your personal statement. It doesn't have to be nursing or even healthcare specific, just being able to show working as a team and an understanding of the job. Though if you can get some kind of care experience it would be beneficial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending