The Student Room Group

Girls, why is it important to wear a bra and..

Girls, why is it important to wear a bra underneath one's top and underwear?

Scroll to see replies

here, I hear it has something to do with supporting the breasts, unsure of what happens when they're not supported
Never heard of anyone wearing a bra under their underwear before
Original post by shawn_o1
here, I hear it has something to do with supporting the breasts, unsure of what happens when they're not supported

It hurts.
Stop visible nips and add support. You don't have to wear one.
Some girls need the support of a bra through the day, for a variety of reasons. For some it's because they have large breasts and they feel it helps back pain.

However for a lot of people it's not actually important to wear a bra, in that they "need one". It's just not seen as socially acceptable to go around without a bra on. Especially if you have noticeably larger breasts than say a 34 A or a 32B. As it can be quite obvious a bra isn't being worn.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ILovePancakes
It hurts.

If it hurts you are probably wearing the wrong size
I dont wear a bra most times
Reply 8
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Stop visible nips and add support. You don't have to wear one.

That's misleading. Please wear one to keep the puppies round and perky or you'll be sorry. Or don't wear one and if a guy screams when you undress just tell him to take it or leave it like I do.
Original post by Rachelbumpkim
If it hurts you are probably wearing the wrong size

No I mean without a bra lol.
Original post by SophieSmall
Some girls need the support of a bra through the day, for a variety of reasons. For some it's because they have large breasts and it helps back pain.

However for a lot of people it's not actually important to wear a bra, in that they "need one". It's just not seen as socially acceptable to go around without a bra on. Especially if you have noticeably larger breasts than say a 34 A or a 32B. As it can be quite obvious a bra isn't being worn.

For the record I'm fine with it :fyi:
Do bra's smell bad once you take them off?
Prevents one from getting saggy tits, ensure their round.
Bra, to support the breasts and stop the nipples showing.

Underwear, see Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.
Original post by Apii
That's misleading. Please wear one to keep the puppies round and perky or you'll be sorry. Or don't wear one and if a guy screams when you undress just tell him to take it or leave it like I do.

There is actually no evidence that bras prevent sagging, and there is some evidence to suggest bras increase rate of sagging. Except for in the case of wearing a sports bra during high impact sports which can damage the coopers ligaments and increase how quickly your breasts sag, in that case a sports bra prevent that damage.
Reply 15
Fun to release The Girls too.. :biggrin:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
For the record I'm fine with it :fyi:

Of course.
Reply 17
There is actually no evidence that bras prevent sagging, and there is some evidence to suggest bras increase rate of sagging. Except for in the case of wearing a sports bra during high impact sports which can damage the coopers ligaments and increase how quickly your breasts sag, in that case a sports bra prevent that damage.

Errrmmm nah. One should wear a bra if they're over a B cup >.>

It shapes the breasts young and does prevent sagging. It could increase sagging because the boobs are used to being supported...but I wouldn't refer to progressive thinking when it comes to the ageless issue of boob perfection. Wear a bra if you care. Don't wear a bra if you don't care.
Original post by Apii
Errrmmm nah. One should wear a bra if they're over a B cup >.>

It shapes the breasts young and does prevent sagging. It could increase sagging because the boobs are used to being supported...but I wouldn't refer to progressive thinking when it comes to the ageless issue of boob perfection. Wear a bra if you care. Don't wear a bra if you don't care.

Okay then...you just go ahead and say you know more than scientific research.

Wilful ignorance at its finest.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of course.

Boobs!

:teeth:
( . Y . )
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest