The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I only date below average looking guys on purpose?

Anon please :smile:

I may check out good looking guys on the down low, but when it comes to dating material I only accept guys who are below average and I reject attractive guys. I don't like the whole rating system but for the sake of explaining I would say I tend to date guys who are about 4/10. I myself am quite pretty and I am thin but I would not say I am super beautiful or stunning or anything.

Of course I can't tar everyone with same brush but I find in general that the guys who are less attractive have more about them in terms of personality which is way more of a turn on to me. Also they treat me better, are more humble, so much sweeter and we just tend to have a better emotional connection. They don't treat me like I'm disposable and like they could just swing onto the next girl when they get bored. I don't have to worry about other women throwing their panties at them.

Anyone else feel the same? I've heard about men also who date less attractive women on purpose. Please discuss.
That's fair enough IMO :smile:

Personally I have no such requirements when it comes to girls.
I wish some of the girls I like had this "problem " haha. OP it's fine, date who you want, it shouldn't make a difference.
I hate when people think that all good looking guys are arrogant knobheads. Give us people a chance.
Reply 4
Original post by Syrianprince
I hate when people think that all good looking guys are arrogant knobheads. Give us people a chance.

I would not go that far by saying that they are 'arrogant knobheads' as anyone can be such a term regardless of level of attractiveness. However quite simply I do feel I have an easier life dating men who don't have a harem of women to select from.
Original post by stochasticking
I wish some of the girls I like had this "problem " haha. OP it's fine, date who you want, it shouldn't make a difference.

It's not a problem of yours...any girl with two working eyes can see she'd be lucky.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
It's not a problem of yours...any girl with two working eyes can see she'd be lucky.

You're sweet ; you're a catch yourself :wink:
You're sweet ; you're a catch yourself :wink:

so catch meeee :jumphug:
so catch meeee :jumphug:

I will :hump:
Well most guys that are very attractive are normally horrible, self centred idiots who think they're gods gift to women so I can see where you're going with this lol
Reply 10
I'm like this. My female friends gave me stick for the last one night I had, saying I can do better, but like you said, personality is the biggest turn on.
I think it shows a subconscious need to look like the more important person when you intentionally surround yourself with obvious unattractives.

Not my style.

I will :hump:

:O
Original post by bassbabe
Well most guys that are very attractive are normally horrible, self centred idiots who think they're gods gift to women so I can see where you're going with this lol

>.>
I think it shows a subconscious need to look like the more important person when you intentionally surround yourself with obvious unattractives.

Not my style.

It's not about being more important for me it is about feeling safer. I know this sounds weird but looking at my own parent's relationship my dad, at least when younger, was considered a very attractive man and he always had women trying to throw themselves on him and in the end it broke my mum. I don't want to ever be that girl.
Original post by JD1lla
I'm like this. My female friends gave me stick for the last one night I had, saying I can do better, but like you said, personality is the biggest turn on.

Most certainly :h: that strong emotional connection to someone with a beautiful heart beats a beautiful face every time. People looking from the outside can't see it but it's actually like no I'm lucky to have this amazing person in my life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest