The Student Room Group

do you go to coffee shops alone

why ?

and do you think this is weird ?

Scroll to see replies

>.>

nothing wrong with popping in for a cup and a muffin before commuting to work/school?
Original post by democracyforum
why ?

How's Stormfront these days?
Original post by Ravenous

:O
No I don't, because I think they are overpriced, but it definitely isn't weird. Loads of people do it.
Yes I go alone sometimes but nowadays it's rare that I get the chance to sit and just enjoy a coffee with myself as I always seem to be on the go. Going to one alone to a coffee shop no big deal at all and beats staying indoors by yourself Nothing wrong with your own company.
Original post by Ravenous

*Dead* 😂
Normally only if I'm getting something to go, but I sometimes see people sitting in there alone & don't see anything wrong with it.
Yes. But I also do a lot of other things alone that are considered "weird" to do so. Why? Because I'm a bit of a loner and would hardly leave the house if I was reliant on other people all the time.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yes. But I also do a lot of other things alone that are considered "weird" to do so. Why? Because I'm a bit of a loner and would hardly leave the house if I was reliant on other people all the time.

The thread sounds a bit like one of those attempts to make women feel bad for being in public places on their own. "How dare you not be in here with a man".
(edited 8 years ago)
Not often as they're ridiculously expensive and people worship them stupidly, but on the rare occasion that I do it is usually alone.
Original post by democracyforum
why ?

Because sometimes I want a coffee now and people are in work/education. Why should I wait. Also because its easier to read the paper undistracted.

Not at all. I actually consider it weirder for people not to be able to enjoy their own company.
I only do it when it is cold outside and I am waiting for something. Just buy the cheapest thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I sure do. But then again, it's part of the culture here to go to a café throughout your day.
Yup, we have one in our school library which I work in just before school, so I'm able to get coffee then and do a bit of work as it's not typically busy during that time.

I also go alone after school, there's one that I always go to alone as I can also use my laptop and do work there too.
You know what I think is incredibly weird: the idea that a human being doing an activity alone is somehow inherently a negative thing.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. Yes I do go to shops alone, it's lovely and relaxing.

But then it's all about perspectives isn't it? I enjoy solitude and so people who can't do things without a mate tagging along are weird to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yep

Before/after work
Use wifi
Read papers
Pussy patrol etc
No it's not weird, you can just bring a book if you want.
To be honest I think it's a bit weird if you need other people to be with you before you step into a coffee shop. I would question ones self confidence.
(edited 8 years ago)
bring a macbook if you can... to blend in of course

Quick Reply

Latest