The Student Room Group

AS retakes

My AS exams didn't go to plan so I am just looking for some advice for how to go about managing retakes on top of A2 exams and any other helpful tips from others who have been in my situation.
Original post by TomTomB
My AS exams didn't go to plan so I am just looking for some advice for how to go about managing retakes on top of A2 exams and any other helpful tips from others who have been in my situation.

What subjects you re doing ?
Whether retaking is worth it is entirely dependent on your aptitude for the subjects you're taking.
Original post by TomTomB

same
It is difficult. I'm not quite sure how your school would measure your predicted grades. I'm retaking myself and I do not know whether my predicted grades for retakes will be taken into account to give me a better prediction.
Reply 5
I'm in the same position as you and I think your best option is to start looking at your work for your AS subjects now, as that was the advice I was given. Try to focus about 75% of your time on A2 and 25% on AS. Aim to finish all your notes early, for example by January/February time, then start past papers straight after. The problem with my AS results was my exam technique and not doing basic things like reading my notes because I did not finish them early enough or asking for help. I've learnt to do all of these thing and so far I'm getting A's on mini mocks.
Reply 6
Original post by Conservationofmass
What subjects you re doing ?

Two economics and a geography
I'm resitting a psychology unit for which I'm going to make a little booklet of notes, it's the unit that I find easier and more interesting so it's okay as in I don't have to put drastic amounts of effort in. I'm going to make really short concise notes using past papers and mark schemes, I'll do the notes whenever I have free time. So I'm up to date with A2 Human Biology notes (as of today), I have a few A2 Psychology notes to do then I might start on AS Psychology notes, that way it isn't a burden on my other subjects.

I'm also sitting a unit from AS Human Biology. For that I have the textbook and the CGP revision guide ( there isn't one for A2 :frown: ) so I'm going to make short concise notes and revision mindmaps or flow diagrams depending on the topic. For things like Balanced Diet and Enzymes which are relatively easy I'll just revise from the books and answer questions on them. What I need to work on is exam technique so I'll try to nail that all year and go to see my teachers if there's anything I need help in.

Aim to be getting 90% or more in past papers so you know you've cracked it
Original post by TomTomB
Two economics and a geography

for economics the stuff we learn this year uses last years as well, just do a bit of revision at the weekend, I'm also resitting both, what grade did you get in it ?

Quick Reply

Latest