The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

I hate it here :(

I've just moved to the Luton campus of University of Bedfordshire and I'm living in the older, less modern halls.
I'm really finding it hard to enjoy my time here. I love my course and have made lots of friends on my course, whom I go out with often.
But I still find myself wanting to go home every weekend, and there aren't any societies that interest me enough, so I haven't gained that important sense of community that is vital to a student experience.
I get on with my flat mates mostly, although we all have very different timetables so we're never in the flat all together.
I only got two D grades and a Distinction* at A-level, can anyone offer me advice on the likeliness of being able to transfer to a better uni at the end of the first year?
Original post by PolkadotChloe
I've just moved to the Luton campus of University of Bedfordshire and I'm living in the older, less modern halls.
I'm really finding it hard to enjoy my time here. I love my course and have made lots of friends on my course, whom I go out with often.
But I still find myself wanting to go home every weekend, and there aren't any societies that interest me enough, so I haven't gained that important sense of community that is vital to a student experience.
I get on with my flat mates mostly, although we all have very different timetables so we're never in the flat all together.
I only got two D grades and a Distinction* at A-level, can anyone offer me advice on the likeliness of being able to transfer to a better uni at the end of the first year?

Hi Chloe

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Have you had a chat with our Student Support Team or maybe the Student's Union? Below are the links to both of them, which includes their contact details:

http://bedssu.unioncloud.org/home/index

http://www.beds.ac.uk/student-experience2/studying-at-bedfordshire/student-support

The Student Support Team are also holding an informal session on settling into Uni next Tuesday, 20th October at Fitzroy Court, between 10-11am which might be worth popping along to. You don't need to book you can just turn up.

Hope this all helps and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amanda
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest