The Student Room Group

Have you ever used steroids?

Anyone ever used steroids? or know anyone who has used them? I've read that the age of people using steroids is getting younger, wondering if anyone here has come across anabolic steroid use? :cookie:

Scroll to see replies

no
Original post by MarleyZ
Anyone ever used steroids? or know anyone who has used them? I've read that the age of people using steroids is getting younger, wondering if anyone here has come across anabolic steroid use? :cookie:

Go to any gym and there is bound to be people that juice there
The only steroids I've taken were administered by the NHS to treat my internal haemorrhoids.

The only swollenness and flexing I had was deep in my anal canal.
Yes I have eczema . tee hee tee hee hee
Have I known people who have - yes, many.

Have I used them myself - no because I'm genetically blessed.
Reply 6
I've not but I wouldn't be surprised if most guys at my gym who lift are- it's a lot more common than folk think though my gym is more that way than average

The average age of starting use is mid 20s though we don't have anywhere near enough research to tell if it is getting younger. However mid 20s is generally consider a reasonable age if you are going to use them. It is getting much, much more common, a study of Cheshire and Merseyside found a 2000% increase in use between 91 and 06 which will be generally indicative of the whole of the UK. Which means they will be a lot more people on the younger side of average using them even if the average isn't changing
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes I have eczema . tee hee tee hee hee

same, topical corticosteroids are my lifeline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
No, but I seriously came close
Original post by Zuki
No, but I seriously came close

Why didn't you?
Reply 10
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Why didn't you?

I didn't think the benefits outweighed the potential risks
yes
It's so widespread, you wouldn't believe it

Also be aware the law is somewhat grey, you don't have to potentially incriminate yourselves in this thread guys
(edited 8 years ago)
It seems pretty ridiculous that a TSR staff member started this thread, given the law and the stance TSR has taken on steroids in this forum for the last few years.
Original post by SmashConcept
It seems pretty ridiculous that a TSR staff member started this thread, given the law and the stance TSR has taken on steroids in this forum for the last few years.

Agreed

I agree :yep:

Yeah, I agree.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Yeah, I agree.

It's legal to possess or import steroids as long as they're for personal use. Importation or exportation of steroids for personal use can only be carried out in person. Importation or exportation of steroids for personal use using postal, courier or freight services is now illegal.

Just to clear up any misconceptions that steroids are illegal within the UK. Got the info from TalktoFrank so may not be correct.
Only when reviewing apps on a late night!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest