The Student Room Group

I think i've screwed up any chances!

Hello,

He's your generic 'I f*cked up post'.

Basically, did my GCSE's back in 2012, finished with an average 2 A*'s, 4 A's, 2 B's and 2C's. Took Law, Philosophy, English Literature and Psychology - managed to get AABD overall - don't get me started on my psychology aside from the fact my teacher got sacked half way through the year and I had no interest in the pointless subject.

I've always needed to work hard for my grades, and taking away AAB from my three A level chosen subjects set me up for chances of getting into a good uni to study Law. However due to personal circumstances (pitiable, soz) I didn't get anywhere with my A levels and came out with BCC. Which considering the amount of prep I did (zilch) wasn't too bad.

Now I'm stuck. Either I study at a bottom 40 university or I could do a foundation year at a top university. I'm also retaking an A level as I didn't take one exam completely.

I need some advice. Apologies for the tedious post. This will probably make no sense as I haven't been in full time education for a year - I'm an advanced higher apprentice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cdc96
. I'm also retaking an A level as I didn't take one exam completely.

I need some advice. Apologies for the tedious post. This will probably make no sense as I haven't been in full time education for a year - I'm an advanced higher apprentice.

You haven't done as badly as you suggest. You have an apprenticeship, you're retaking one A level and if you want to go to university I'd suggest you wait until you finish the apprenticeship. Why get a degree and 50k+ of debt if you don't need it?

You don't say what the apprenticeship is in but I'd suggest you finish it and maybe retake more A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest